Hertfordshire’s most affordable homes
- Credit: Archant
With its close proximity to London, great schools, beautiful countryside and pleasant towns and villages, Hertfordshire has a justifiable reputation as an expensive place to live. Living here doesn’t have to break the bank however, as Stephen Froome discovered…
One-bed flat in Stevenage
If you are looking for an investment property, it doesn’t get much better than this one bedroom flat in Stevenage town centre, which comes complete with a 250-year lease.
The property is modern, trendy, and only a 10-minute walk from the railway station where there are regular trains to King’s Cross and Cambridge - ideal for a commuter.
You may also want to watch:
The flat is in close walking distance of many amenities, including a variety of shops, cafés, hotels, restaurants, pubs and the Stevenage Central Library. Marketed as the perfect buy-to-let, the catch with this property is that it’s only available to cash buyers.
Market Place, Stevenage
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 4 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
Haart | 01438 723579 | www.haart.co.uk
One-bed flat in Welwyn
Guide price £189,995
This large one bedroom ground floor apartment is ideally located on the south side of Welwyn. It comprises a large entrance hall with phone entry system, master bedroom with views over the communal gardens and living room and separate kitchen with modern fitted appliances.
The property also offers ample parking, a larger than average bathroom and new uPVC double glazing throughout. Available for sale chain-free, this is ideal for a first-time buyer or investor. The amenities of Welwyn Garden City town centre – including John Lewis and Waitrose - are just a five minute drive away.
Node Way Gardens, Welwyn
Belvoir! | 01707 245345 | www.belvoir.co.uk
One-bed flat in Hatfield
This one bedroom ground floor flat would be ideal for a first-time buyer, an investor or simply someone wishing to downsize. It has a bathroom, kitchen, lounge and master bedroom, as well as allocated parking and an entry phone system. Available for sale chain-free, the flat is only a 10 minute walk from Hatfield station, which offers a direct service to London King’s Cross. The A1(M) and M25 are both close by, while the Galleria shopping centre is just a five minute drive.
Ground Lane, Hatfield
Country Properties | 01707 271450 | www.country-properties.co.uk