Hertfordshire’s most affordable homes
- Credit: Archant
With its close proximity to London, great schools, beautiful countryside and pleasant towns and villages, Hertfordshire has a justifiable reputation as an expensive place to live. Living here doesn’t have to break the bank however, as Stephen Froome discovered…
One-bed flat in Stevenage
If you are looking for an investment property, it doesn’t get much better than this one bedroom flat in Stevenage town centre, which comes complete with a 250-year lease.
The property is modern, trendy, and only a 10-minute walk from the railway station where there are regular trains to King’s Cross and Cambridge - ideal for a commuter.
The flat is in close walking distance of many amenities, including a variety of shops, cafés, hotels, restaurants, pubs and the Stevenage Central Library. Marketed as the perfect buy-to-let, the catch with this property is that it’s only available to cash buyers.
Market Place, Stevenage
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Haart | 01438 723579 | www.haart.co.uk
One-bed flat in Welwyn
Guide price £189,995
This large one bedroom ground floor apartment is ideally located on the south side of Welwyn. It comprises a large entrance hall with phone entry system, master bedroom with views over the communal gardens and living room and separate kitchen with modern fitted appliances.
The property also offers ample parking, a larger than average bathroom and new uPVC double glazing throughout. Available for sale chain-free, this is ideal for a first-time buyer or investor. The amenities of Welwyn Garden City town centre – including John Lewis and Waitrose - are just a five minute drive away.
Node Way Gardens, Welwyn
Belvoir! | 01707 245345 | www.belvoir.co.uk
One-bed flat in Hatfield
This one bedroom ground floor flat would be ideal for a first-time buyer, an investor or simply someone wishing to downsize. It has a bathroom, kitchen, lounge and master bedroom, as well as allocated parking and an entry phone system. Available for sale chain-free, the flat is only a 10 minute walk from Hatfield station, which offers a direct service to London King’s Cross. The A1(M) and M25 are both close by, while the Galleria shopping centre is just a five minute drive.
Ground Lane, Hatfield
Country Properties | 01707 271450 | www.country-properties.co.uk