Hertfordshire’s most affordable homes
- Credit: Archant
With its close proximity to London, great schools, beautiful countryside and pleasant towns and villages, Hertfordshire has a justifiable reputation as an expensive place to live. Living here doesn’t have to break the bank however, as Stephen Froome discovered…
One-bed flat in Stevenage
If you are looking for an investment property, it doesn’t get much better than this one bedroom flat in Stevenage town centre, which comes complete with a 250-year lease.
The property is modern, trendy, and only a 10-minute walk from the railway station where there are regular trains to King’s Cross and Cambridge - ideal for a commuter.
You may also want to watch:
The flat is in close walking distance of many amenities, including a variety of shops, cafés, hotels, restaurants, pubs and the Stevenage Central Library. Marketed as the perfect buy-to-let, the catch with this property is that it’s only available to cash buyers.
Market Place, Stevenage
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
Haart | 01438 723579 | www.haart.co.uk
One-bed flat in Welwyn
Guide price £189,995
This large one bedroom ground floor apartment is ideally located on the south side of Welwyn. It comprises a large entrance hall with phone entry system, master bedroom with views over the communal gardens and living room and separate kitchen with modern fitted appliances.
The property also offers ample parking, a larger than average bathroom and new uPVC double glazing throughout. Available for sale chain-free, this is ideal for a first-time buyer or investor. The amenities of Welwyn Garden City town centre – including John Lewis and Waitrose - are just a five minute drive away.
Node Way Gardens, Welwyn
Belvoir! | 01707 245345 | www.belvoir.co.uk
One-bed flat in Hatfield
This one bedroom ground floor flat would be ideal for a first-time buyer, an investor or simply someone wishing to downsize. It has a bathroom, kitchen, lounge and master bedroom, as well as allocated parking and an entry phone system. Available for sale chain-free, the flat is only a 10 minute walk from Hatfield station, which offers a direct service to London King’s Cross. The A1(M) and M25 are both close by, while the Galleria shopping centre is just a five minute drive.
Ground Lane, Hatfield
Country Properties | 01707 271450 | www.country-properties.co.uk