St Albans and Harpenden residents cash in on driveway rentals
- Credit: Archant
St Albans residents are making an average of £936 per year by renting out their drives.
According to new research from YourParkingSpace.co.uk, drive rentals in the Cathedral city are bringing in an average of £78 per month for their owners, compared to £66 per month (£792 per year) in Harpenden.
A search of St Albans spaces available on a monthly basis from July 1 shows a range of options, from a car park belonging to a group of flats on Lemsford Road (£50 per month) to a private space on De Tany Court (£100).
In Harpenden, prices range from £70 on Haddon Court to £112.50 on Overstone Road. Hourly bookings are also available.
Not surprisingly, the most profitable driveways are in London (£2,100 per year), while local locations with sought-after parking spaces include Luton (£1,200 per year) and Watford (£1,056).
You may also want to watch:
Harrison Woods, managing director at YourParkingSpace.co.uk, which lists more than 350,000 spaces UK-wide, said: “Empty driveways continue to offer a significant extra income for households the length and breadth of the UK, which is possibly even more welcome now than ever before.
“With lockdown restrictions being eased and more people returning to their workplace, plus being advised by the government to avoid public transport if possible, we expect a new surge in demand for empty driveways as motorists struggle to find places to park near their places of employment.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests