Hertfordshire house-hunters encouraged to buy off-plan
- Credit: Archant
A leading homebuilder is encouraging those looking for a home to consider buying off-plan from its new developments in Hemel Hempstead and Letchworth Garden City.
Buying off-plan is becoming more appealing to house hunters, thanks to a series of government initiatives to get increasing numbers of people on to the property ladder.
When purchasing off-plan, experts recommend getting in early, doing your homework, thinking ahead, making your house a home – by choosing your own kitchen units, flooring and fitted wardrobes – and biding your time.
Glenn Copper, senior sales manager at Barratt Homes North Thames, said: “By reserving your home early in the build process, the value of your property may have increased by the time you move in, saving you money.
“You will also be given the opportunity to personalise your home, by selecting fixtures and fittings, all of which will be professionally fitted before you move in.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand that buying off-plan is to some extent a leap of faith, and many purchasers may find it hard to envisage what the home will be like once completed. But rest assured, as a five-star rated homebuilder, we build to an extremely high standard and will keep you informed of the progress every step of the way.”
Barrett Homes is currently building at the Madden Gardens development in Blackhorse Road, Letchworth Garden City, and in Swallow Fields in Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
The first phase of the Madden Gardens development is sold out but there is a range of four-bedroom properties available there, starting from £454, 950.
If you are interested, call the sales information line on 0844 8117 171 or visit www.barratt.co.uk.