Hertfordshire house-hunters encouraged to buy off-plan
- Credit: Archant
A leading homebuilder is encouraging those looking for a home to consider buying off-plan from its new developments in Hemel Hempstead and Letchworth Garden City.
Buying off-plan is becoming more appealing to house hunters, thanks to a series of government initiatives to get increasing numbers of people on to the property ladder.
When purchasing off-plan, experts recommend getting in early, doing your homework, thinking ahead, making your house a home – by choosing your own kitchen units, flooring and fitted wardrobes – and biding your time.
Glenn Copper, senior sales manager at Barratt Homes North Thames, said: “By reserving your home early in the build process, the value of your property may have increased by the time you move in, saving you money.
“You will also be given the opportunity to personalise your home, by selecting fixtures and fittings, all of which will be professionally fitted before you move in.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand that buying off-plan is to some extent a leap of faith, and many purchasers may find it hard to envisage what the home will be like once completed. But rest assured, as a five-star rated homebuilder, we build to an extremely high standard and will keep you informed of the progress every step of the way.”
Barrett Homes is currently building at the Madden Gardens development in Blackhorse Road, Letchworth Garden City, and in Swallow Fields in Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
The first phase of the Madden Gardens development is sold out but there is a range of four-bedroom properties available there, starting from £454, 950.
If you are interested, call the sales information line on 0844 8117 171 or visit www.barratt.co.uk.