Hertfordshire estate agency chain appoint new manager to St Albans branch
- Credit: Archant
The Putterills branch in St Albans has appointed a new manager.
Allan Harrison joined the company on Monday from Satchells in Hitchin, where he was also branch manager.
“This is a great opportunity,” says Allan, who has accrued 14 years of estate agency experience at various firms across Hertfordshire.
Originally from Harpenden and in the process of relocating to St Albans, Allan previously worked in the city for five years, including as a valuer for Frost’s.
He says it’s good to be back in the area he knows best, adding: “I’ve worked down here before and I wanted to work here again. I’ve worked in Harpenden and a lot of the villages as well, so I really know the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Allan, who has two children aged 10 and six, says he hopes that Putterills will continue to appeal to the family market under his leadership.
“I’ve got lots of experience with residential properties,” he says. “The plan now is to increase market share. It’s just about getting out there and approaching more people.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
He adds: “People prefer to deal with a proper estate agent who can offer a personal touch.
“The market is a bit tougher at the moment but people are still buying. A lot of agents are telling people that all the buyers have disappeared which is not entirely true. We’ve just got to work a bit harder and a bit smarter.”