Hertfordshire estate agency chain appoint new manager to St Albans branch
- Credit: Archant
The Putterills branch in St Albans has appointed a new manager.
Allan Harrison joined the company on Monday from Satchells in Hitchin, where he was also branch manager.
“This is a great opportunity,” says Allan, who has accrued 14 years of estate agency experience at various firms across Hertfordshire.
Originally from Harpenden and in the process of relocating to St Albans, Allan previously worked in the city for five years, including as a valuer for Frost’s.
He says it’s good to be back in the area he knows best, adding: “I’ve worked down here before and I wanted to work here again. I’ve worked in Harpenden and a lot of the villages as well, so I really know the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Allan, who has two children aged 10 and six, says he hopes that Putterills will continue to appeal to the family market under his leadership.
“I’ve got lots of experience with residential properties,” he says. “The plan now is to increase market share. It’s just about getting out there and approaching more people.”
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
He adds: “People prefer to deal with a proper estate agent who can offer a personal touch.
“The market is a bit tougher at the moment but people are still buying. A lot of agents are telling people that all the buyers have disappeared which is not entirely true. We’ve just got to work a bit harder and a bit smarter.”