Here’s how much Londoners can save by moving to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Moving to St Albans could save Londoners £31 for each minute of their new commute, a study has revealed.
According to research from Anyvan.com, families moving from Walthamstow to St Albans stand to save a total of £157 per month when the difference in their rental costs and travel cards is totted up.
Rent on a typical three-bed home in St Albans costs £1,650 per month while a monthly travel card with Tube access stands at £441 – compared to £2,095 in rent and £154 for travel in Walthamstow. With a five minute difference in commuting time from home to Zone 1, that’s a saving per minute of £31.
The biggest monthly saving – £589 – is available to Londoners making the move from Clapham South to Berkhamsted. The difference in journey time also means a saving of £37 per minute.
A move out to Woking from Colliers Wood gives residents the biggest per minute saving of £64.
Angus Elphinstone, CEO of AnyVan.com said: “Locations like St Albans offer rapid direct train links and give movers an option to save money by adding just a couple of minutes to their journey time in comparison to living in Zone 3 or 4.
You may also want to watch:
“Commuter train tickets can cost upwards of £500, which might seem a bit steep for some, but even with the additional travel costs families can easily save £500 a month by switching London to a commuting hub.”
He added: “We selected areas with available rental properties within a few minutes to walk to the train station as using a car park could add a further £100 per month to a commute.“
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?