Help choose which charity bags bulk of £10,000 donation
- Credit: Archant
A Hertfordshire estate agency chain is raising £10,000 for charity – and it needs your help to decide which local causes should receive the cash.
Ashtons, which has offices in St Albans, Harpenden, Redbourn and Welwyn Garden City, is raising the money by placing charity boards outside people’s homes and donating £50 towards the £10,000 target in return.
The firm has put together a shortlist of charities and is asking the community to vote for their favourite cause.
An online poll displaying real-time results - open to the public from Monday 22 January until Friday 9 February - will determine which charities will receive a proportion of the £10,000 raised.
Ashtons will distribute half of the total to the most popular cause, 30 per cent to the charity that receives the second highest number of votes and 20 per cent to the one that places third.
You may also want to watch:
To consider your options and place your vote, visit www.lifesgreatcauses.co.uk.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans