Harpenden makes Zoopla's property rich list
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden has made Zoopla's latest rich list thanks to its large number of million pound homes.
Outside London, the Herts hotspot has among the highest number of streets in Britain with an average property price of £1m or more, the property portal reported.
Harpenden had 115 such streets as of September 2021, up from 100 a year ago. Guildford topped the chart with 176, followed by Reading (137), Sevenoaks (133), Leatherhead (127) and Farnham (116).
The East of England is the area of Britain with the third highest number of million-pound streets at 1,464, behind London (4,544) and the South East (4,366).
The capital is home to Britain's 10 most expensive streets, however, with Kensington Palace Gardens (W8) coming out on top for the 13th consecutive year, with an average price of £29,898,000.
Outside London, Titlark Hill in Ascot is top with an average property price of £8,410,000.
While our affluent areas failed to secure a top 10 ranking, the most expensive street in Harpenden was revealed as Pipers Lane, with an average price of £3,476,000 making it the 13th highest in the East of England.
It was followed by Park Avenue South (£3,358,000), Park Avenue North (£3,097,000), Oak Way (£2,967,000) and West Common Way (£2,625,000).
- 1 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 2 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 3 Revealed: The Hertfordshire hotspots named among Phil Spencer's best London commuter towns
- 4 Lib Dem leader promises humility in face of crushing victory over Conservatives
- 5 Mouth of the Tyne: A season of soaring highs and crushing lows for St Albans City
- 6 Full-time switch at St Albans City 'a year or two' away
- 7 VOTE: Nominate your favourite local chippy
- 8 PC David Carrick charged with three further rape offences
- 9 St Albans Comedy Garden returns with Dylan Moran, Al Murray, Sara Pascoe and more
- 10 Woman 'assaulted on A414' between St Albans and Hatfield
The St Albans post town area's results were more widespread, with the most expensive being Rose Lane, Wheathampstead, its average of £2.533,000 placing it 53rd in our region's countdown.
Pondwicks Close (£2,202,000) was next, followed by Roe End Lane in Markyate (£2,036,000), York Road (£1,871,000) and Marshal's Drive (£1,867,000).