Harpenden makes Zoopla's property rich list
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden has made Zoopla's latest rich list thanks to its large number of million pound homes.
Outside London, the Herts hotspot has among the highest number of streets in Britain with an average property price of £1m or more, the property portal reported.
Harpenden had 115 such streets as of September 2021, up from 100 a year ago. Guildford topped the chart with 176, followed by Reading (137), Sevenoaks (133), Leatherhead (127) and Farnham (116).
The East of England is the area of Britain with the third highest number of million-pound streets at 1,464, behind London (4,544) and the South East (4,366).
The capital is home to Britain's 10 most expensive streets, however, with Kensington Palace Gardens (W8) coming out on top for the 13th consecutive year, with an average price of £29,898,000.
Outside London, Titlark Hill in Ascot is top with an average property price of £8,410,000.
You may also want to watch:
While our affluent areas failed to secure a top 10 ranking, the most expensive street in Harpenden was revealed as Pipers Lane, with an average price of £3,476,000 making it the 13th highest in the East of England.
It was followed by Park Avenue South (£3,358,000), Park Avenue North (£3,097,000), Oak Way (£2,967,000) and West Common Way (£2,625,000).
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
The St Albans post town area's results were more widespread, with the most expensive being Rose Lane, Wheathampstead, its average of £2.533,000 placing it 53rd in our region's countdown.
Pondwicks Close (£2,202,000) was next, followed by Roe End Lane in Markyate (£2,036,000), York Road (£1,871,000) and Marshal's Drive (£1,867,000).