Harpenden estate agency gets set for open house day
- Credit: Archant
Savills in Harpenden is getting ready for its annual open house event, which takes place next Saturday, May 11.
The event will give prospective buyers the chance to view as many of the 23 available homes as they wish between 10am and 4pm.
While very much the norm in the US and Australia, open houses remain more of a rarity in the UK.
Nick Ingle, head of residential at Savills Harpenden, believes they offer house hunters an opportunity to see a wider range of properties than they may do otherwise, potentially discovering their dream home as a result.
He said: “Buyers tend to start their search with a prescribed idea of where they want to live, but more often than not end up buying elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
“Open houses are an excellent way to explore what’s on offer in an informal setting and on their own terms. Crucially, the nature of the event means that buyers are encouraged to look beyond their search parameters, which can be hugely beneficial.”
Anyone wishing to take part must register online at savills.co.uk/openhouses or call the Harpenden office on 01582 465000. They will then be given property details and local area guides ahead of the event to help plan their day.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Nick added: “Those looking for a new home can see as few or as many properties as they like on the day, using the opportunity to spend time in an area they are interested in and try on the lifestyle for size.
“This can often open up new possibilities; and for some, the door to their dream home.”