Harpenden estate agency gets set for open house day
- Credit: Archant
Savills in Harpenden is getting ready for its annual open house event, which takes place next Saturday, May 11.
The event will give prospective buyers the chance to view as many of the 23 available homes as they wish between 10am and 4pm.
While very much the norm in the US and Australia, open houses remain more of a rarity in the UK.
Nick Ingle, head of residential at Savills Harpenden, believes they offer house hunters an opportunity to see a wider range of properties than they may do otherwise, potentially discovering their dream home as a result.
He said: “Buyers tend to start their search with a prescribed idea of where they want to live, but more often than not end up buying elsewhere.
You may also want to watch:
“Open houses are an excellent way to explore what’s on offer in an informal setting and on their own terms. Crucially, the nature of the event means that buyers are encouraged to look beyond their search parameters, which can be hugely beneficial.”
Anyone wishing to take part must register online at savills.co.uk/openhouses or call the Harpenden office on 01582 465000. They will then be given property details and local area guides ahead of the event to help plan their day.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
Nick added: “Those looking for a new home can see as few or as many properties as they like on the day, using the opportunity to spend time in an area they are interested in and try on the lifestyle for size.
“This can often open up new possibilities; and for some, the door to their dream home.”