Harpenden and St Albans agents get set for open house day event
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A national estate agency chain with offices in St Albans and Harpenden is preparing for its latest open house day event.
Strutt & Parker’s National Open House Day will take place on Saturday, May 11, allowing potential buyers to view a wide range of properties in one day.
The chain adopted the initiative in 2009 when just one office in Kent trialled the event; this year 35 regional offices are taking part.
In 2018 there were 580 participating properties, almost 1,000 active buyers, and total offers of over £61.5 million.
Sally Noakes, Director at Strutt & Parker in Harpenden said: “Its success is down to a few key elements: no fixed appointment times mean it’s flexible and convenient, and as it’s for one day only, there’s also a sense of excitement around the properties.
You may also want to watch:
“Buyers can retain a level of anonymity that they like – a viewing on an open day is simply an extension of an online search.
“Choice is a huge draw for buyers too; the ability to view totally different types of property, without any expectation.”
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
Sally added: “In previous years, people who were just curious about the local market but not seriously considering buying have changed their minds after our National Open House Day. Seeing the properties available turned them from tyre kickers into serious buyers.”
If you would like more information on Strutt & Parker’s next event, please visit www.struttandparker.com/openhouse.