Harpenden and Hatfield roads named among the UK’s most expensive streets
- Credit: Archant
Four Hertfordshire streets are featured in a countdown of the 20 most expensive UK roads outside London.
Ashridge Park near Berkhamsted is in ninth place on MoneySuperMarket’s list of the priciest places to buy property over the last two years, followed by Woodfield Lane near Hatfield (13th), Park Avenue North, Harpenden (14th) and Astons Road, Northwood (17th).
The average Ashridge Park property costs £4,350,000, while homes on Woodfield Lane, a rural idyll south of upmarket Essendon, typically cost £3,737,000.
Properties on Harpenden’s pricey Park Avenue North have an average value of £3.7 million while the typical cost of a home on Astons Road, Northwood, is £3.5 million.
Surrey trumps Herts in the posh stakes, however – 10 of the top 20 are there, including the most expensive street outside London, Brooks Close in Weybridge, where the average home costs £7.5 million.
You may also want to watch:
Not surprisingly, the least expensive streets are all up north. Davison Terrace in Sunderland is the most affordable of the lot, with an average property value of just £15,000.
The most expensive street of all is, naturally, in London. Anyone looking to purchase property on Grafton Street, Mayfair would need a whopping £69,189,235.
To find out more, take a look at MoneySuperMarket’s interactive tool.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire