Harpenden and Hatfield roads named among the UK’s most expensive streets
- Credit: Archant
Four Hertfordshire streets are featured in a countdown of the 20 most expensive UK roads outside London.
Ashridge Park near Berkhamsted is in ninth place on MoneySuperMarket’s list of the priciest places to buy property over the last two years, followed by Woodfield Lane near Hatfield (13th), Park Avenue North, Harpenden (14th) and Astons Road, Northwood (17th).
The average Ashridge Park property costs £4,350,000, while homes on Woodfield Lane, a rural idyll south of upmarket Essendon, typically cost £3,737,000.
Properties on Harpenden’s pricey Park Avenue North have an average value of £3.7 million while the typical cost of a home on Astons Road, Northwood, is £3.5 million.
Surrey trumps Herts in the posh stakes, however – 10 of the top 20 are there, including the most expensive street outside London, Brooks Close in Weybridge, where the average home costs £7.5 million.
You may also want to watch:
Not surprisingly, the least expensive streets are all up north. Davison Terrace in Sunderland is the most affordable of the lot, with an average property value of just £15,000.
The most expensive street of all is, naturally, in London. Anyone looking to purchase property on Grafton Street, Mayfair would need a whopping £69,189,235.
To find out more, take a look at MoneySuperMarket’s interactive tool.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind