Good turn out for community launch of new Harpenden development
- Credit: Archant
More than 90 people attended a launch event for the new residential development being built at the Harpenden House Hotel site.
Details of the new Welcombe House Collection were unveiled at the community event, held on Saturday, June 23 at the Bennet’s Club on Leyton Road.
The 37-home scheme will comprise 19 new apartments (Welcombe Mews), 13 new houses (Welcombe Gardens), and five bespoke converted apartments within the listed hotel building (Welcombe House).
The first residents will start moving into their homes this autumn.
Jeremy Gee, Main Board Director for developer, Fairview, said: “We’d like to thank all of the visitors who came along to our community event on Saturday.
“The site of the Welcombe House collection is in a prominent position, opposite Harpenden Common and close to the railway station, and the Harpenden House Hotel building is a landmark in the town – so we appreciate that there is a lot of local interest in our development plans.
You may also want to watch:
“That is why we wanted to hold a community event so that visitors could meet our team and hear first-hand what our development will involve.
“A lot of people took up this opportunity and we were pleased to share details of our plans with them.”
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 Saints in the City initiative will bring sports projects to local community
Several homes within the development have already been reserved off plan, and a formal launch for the Welcombe House collection will take place this autumn.
For more information on the development, call 0808 115 9391 or visit www.fairview.co.uk/welcombe-house/