Good turn out for community launch of new Harpenden development
- Credit: Archant
More than 90 people attended a launch event for the new residential development being built at the Harpenden House Hotel site.
Details of the new Welcombe House Collection were unveiled at the community event, held on Saturday, June 23 at the Bennet’s Club on Leyton Road.
The 37-home scheme will comprise 19 new apartments (Welcombe Mews), 13 new houses (Welcombe Gardens), and five bespoke converted apartments within the listed hotel building (Welcombe House).
The first residents will start moving into their homes this autumn.
Jeremy Gee, Main Board Director for developer, Fairview, said: “We’d like to thank all of the visitors who came along to our community event on Saturday.
“The site of the Welcombe House collection is in a prominent position, opposite Harpenden Common and close to the railway station, and the Harpenden House Hotel building is a landmark in the town – so we appreciate that there is a lot of local interest in our development plans.
You may also want to watch:
“That is why we wanted to hold a community event so that visitors could meet our team and hear first-hand what our development will involve.
“A lot of people took up this opportunity and we were pleased to share details of our plans with them.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Several homes within the development have already been reserved off plan, and a formal launch for the Welcombe House collection will take place this autumn.
For more information on the development, call 0808 115 9391 or visit www.fairview.co.uk/welcombe-house/