Comment: The quest for a festive feel-good mood at home
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Are you feeling festive yet? I’ve got to be honest and say that I’m not.
I joined the throngs at the shops on Saturday, hoping to remedy this unseasonal gloom with a massive Christmas tree and a stack of fairy lights, and found that both - much like my festive spirit - were in short supply.
Giving up on decent lights, we squeezed the tree in the back of the car and drove it home for an hour of everyone falling out over which decorations we should use/what should go on top of the tree/who should put up the lights, etc, etc, all while the Alexa belted out a load of Christmas hits.
And that’s not all. Rather than reaching for their old home-made decorations - handprints painted as reindeers and hefty salt dough stars, the kids wanted to focus on the generic shop-bought baubles with no senimental story attached. Sob.
And... Happy Christmas!
You may also want to watch:
I’m sure we’ll all be feeling merry and bright by next week at this time, in what will be our final property section of the year.
After all, nothing says ‘Merry Christmas’ like a Garston area guide and – even more exciting – the unmasking of our Secret Estate Agent.
This is our Xmas gift to you, dear reader.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 9 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?
As our man says in his final outing as a shadowy stock image (p35), he was only meant to be with us for a month, but it’s ended up as eight.
We’ve loved his musings on everything from gazundering to going to the wrong address for a valuation, falling through doorways on viewings and going against the grain as an estate agent by being too honest (honestly).
If you’ve got a question for him about the local market, next week is your last chance to ask.
Until then, we wish you a very merry, beautifully-lit run up to Christmas.