Get garden party-ready with these top tips
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
As the weather improves and we move closer to summer, it’s time to add the finishing touches to your outside space.
Estate agency firm, Romans, has put together a list of pointers to help you get garden party-ready in time for the hoped for warm spell.
Bring the outside in
To make the garden feel like an extension of your home, opt for elegant outdoor furniture that wouldn’t look out of place indoors. If your property has patio doors, leave them open and allow the party to spill from the outside in.
You may also want to watch:
Colour blocking has moved from women’s fashion into garden décor. Achieve this outdoors by grabbing a colour wheel and pick between two and four contrasting colours. Mix and match your chosen colours in your outdoor furniture, cushions and accessories to radically update your garden décor.
Add some flower power
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Flowers in pots or in beds will bring your garden to life and provide your party-goers with an excellent conversation piece. For those looking for a low-maintenance floral fix, plant daffodils, tulips and crocus. These delicate flowers come in a range of colours and are able to withstand chilly spring weather and shade.
Light it up, eco-style
Bring the trends for under lighting and sustainability together to create the ultimate evening ambiance. Place solar under lights within flowers to create a magical atmosphere when the sun sets. If your property has a pond or a pool, place rechargeable floating solar lights in the water and the reflections will create a subtle, disco ball effect.
For more property advice, visit www.romans.co.uk.