Comment: Footballer Theo Walcott is the latest celeb to put his Hertfordshire home on the market
- Credit: Archant
We do love a good Herts-based mega-mansion – even more so when it belongs to a celeb.
Footballer Theo Walcott has become the latest local star to put his huge home on the market and, not surprisingly, it’s rather special.
The £4.5m property comes complete with an indoor swimming complex, a gym, a paddock, six bedrooms and garaging for five cars.
Located just north of Hertford within the grounds of the beautiful Goldings Estate, The Chapel is surrounded by lush Hertfordshire countryside and set in 9.4 acres.
Far from being the typical OTT footballer pad, this place is actually rather tasteful, with a solid mix of original features and more modern touches in what selling agents Savills describe as “a dramatic fusion between old and new”, providing for “the ultimate in contemporary living within a classical and magnificent building”.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from the price tag, there are a few features that hint at this being a footballer’s abode, notably the glazed floor in the dining room, which allows you to keep an eye on the below pool complex while eating your dinner.
Everton star Walcott, 29, shares the property with wife Melanie and their young sons, Finley and Arlo. We’d love to see what the next rung of the property ladder looks like for these guys – can’t imagine they’ll be downsizing.
The last time we got this excited about a Herts-based celeb selling up was when Cheryl upped sticks from her £5m pad in Radlett to move in with Liam in Surrey. And look at how that turned out. The house – complete with pool, gym and spa – is still on the market at a reduced price of ‘just’ £3,999,999. Maybe she’ll move back in? We can but hope…
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building