Comment: Footballer Theo Walcott is the latest celeb to put his Hertfordshire home on the market
- Credit: Archant
We do love a good Herts-based mega-mansion – even more so when it belongs to a celeb.
Footballer Theo Walcott has become the latest local star to put his huge home on the market and, not surprisingly, it’s rather special.
The £4.5m property comes complete with an indoor swimming complex, a gym, a paddock, six bedrooms and garaging for five cars.
Located just north of Hertford within the grounds of the beautiful Goldings Estate, The Chapel is surrounded by lush Hertfordshire countryside and set in 9.4 acres.
Far from being the typical OTT footballer pad, this place is actually rather tasteful, with a solid mix of original features and more modern touches in what selling agents Savills describe as “a dramatic fusion between old and new”, providing for “the ultimate in contemporary living within a classical and magnificent building”.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from the price tag, there are a few features that hint at this being a footballer’s abode, notably the glazed floor in the dining room, which allows you to keep an eye on the below pool complex while eating your dinner.
Everton star Walcott, 29, shares the property with wife Melanie and their young sons, Finley and Arlo. We’d love to see what the next rung of the property ladder looks like for these guys – can’t imagine they’ll be downsizing.
The last time we got this excited about a Herts-based celeb selling up was when Cheryl upped sticks from her £5m pad in Radlett to move in with Liam in Surrey. And look at how that turned out. The house – complete with pool, gym and spa – is still on the market at a reduced price of ‘just’ £3,999,999. Maybe she’ll move back in? We can but hope…
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire