First homes released at former museum site in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The first homes at the former Museum of St Albans site on Hatfield Road are now available for sale.
Named Oak Tree Gardens, the much-anticipated development consists of 10 townhouses, priced from £850,000 for three-bedrooms and £995,000 for four.
Each home includes a large kitchen/dining/family area with the option of a good-sized garden or a courtyard terrace. All feature bathrooms with porcelain-tiled floors, engineered oak flooring in the living rooms and natural Berber carpets to the landings and bedrooms.
The four-bedroom houses also feature a top-floor master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and fully glazed gable end, leading to an outdoor terrace.
The communal landscaped gardens are dominated by the mature oak tree which the development is named after.
The Museum of St Albans building dated from the 1890s and its original façade is retained within Oak Tree Gardens, which has been developed by St Albans District Council with contractor Morgan Sindall.
The development is helping to fund the new Museum and Gallery in St Albans’ former Town Hall, which opened to the public last week.
Cllr Alec Campbell, Leader of St Albans City and District Council, said: “We are proud to have turned the old museum site into a residential development of the highest quality.
“This project has been undertaken with a number of partners including the community group Look! St Albans, which is committed to preserving and enhancing the architectural character of the city.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
“Oak Tree Gardens is in a superb location and the people who purchase these homes will be living in the very heart of one of the most vibrant and thriving cities in the south of England.”
Alastair Woodgate of selling agents, Rumball Sedgwick, said: “A home at Oak Tree Gardens combines the best of both worlds: character and convenience.
“These properties have been designed to respond to today’s modern lifestyles. Whether you are a commuter or work locally, have children at home or are retired the convenience of a central location and the great accommodation provided by these homes will have instant appeal. This is a superb place to call home.”
For further information, contact Rumball Sedgwick on 01727 852384.