Falling in love with Love Island’s design features
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Love Island may be over for another year, but its legacy lives on in our homes and gardens.
While contestants on ITV2’s hit show have been falling for each other’s tatts and tans – not to mention their various chin, chest and teeth enhancements (er, and their great personalities...) – many of the show’s viewers have been falling for the swanky villa the show’s filmed in.
Located in Sant Llorenç des Cardassar on the east coast of the Spanish island of Mallorca, the villa features a chic white colour scheme accented with neon colours and snappy graphic slogans.
And according to new research from MyBuilder.com (https://www.mybuilder.com), the interest in patios, decking, fire-pits and other key features of the villa skyrocketed over the eight weeks the programme was on air.
And it’s not just because it’s summer: the number of homeowners searching for tradespeople to do up their gardens during this season of Love Island has soared by more than 40 per cent compared to the same time last year, with decking and patios being the main jobs people want help with.
Artificial lawn companies are also reaping the rewards of ‘the Love Island effect’ – in a MyBuilder.com poll, more than 40 per cent of people said they’d choose a fake lawn over a real one, and the show and its lush artifical lawns are getting the credit for that, too.
You may also want to watch:
No news on how sales of infinity pools, outdoor kitchens and fluorescent lighting arrangements and have fared (yet), however.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire