Expert View: New retail lettings add to St Albans’ vibrancy, says Matthew Bowen of Aitchison Rafferty
- Credit: Archant
After a period characterised by little retail availability within the city centre commercial sector we now have new availability with some deals completed and others put in place.
Two lettings have completed in the last month: 27 Market Place, which has now been let to Le Creuset, and 12 Chequer Street which was formerly Kall Kwick.
In addition, we have been marketing 11 Market Place which was the former Nikki Kaye shop and solicitors are instructed for a new letting.
We have now also received instructions for two further retail units. one being the former traditional sweet shop, Mr Simms, in French Row, and a phone shop in Market Place.
There is a tremendous amount of interest in all retail particularly in St Albans and we have no doubt these will let soon.
You may also want to watch:
After having almost no retail movements for some time we are having several in a short period - but this isn’t a negative as new retailers bring vibrancy to an area.
All the new occupiers are high quality and Le Creuset in particular are selling products which fit well within St Albans - they are extremely busy.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
All centres need some movement of retailers to remain fresh and as the shops will let quickly St Albans is proving a strong city centre.
Matthew Bowen, Aitchison Raffety: 01727 843232