Expert View: New retail lettings add to St Albans’ vibrancy, says Matthew Bowen of Aitchison Rafferty
- Credit: Archant
After a period characterised by little retail availability within the city centre commercial sector we now have new availability with some deals completed and others put in place.
Two lettings have completed in the last month: 27 Market Place, which has now been let to Le Creuset, and 12 Chequer Street which was formerly Kall Kwick.
In addition, we have been marketing 11 Market Place which was the former Nikki Kaye shop and solicitors are instructed for a new letting.
We have now also received instructions for two further retail units. one being the former traditional sweet shop, Mr Simms, in French Row, and a phone shop in Market Place.
There is a tremendous amount of interest in all retail particularly in St Albans and we have no doubt these will let soon.
You may also want to watch:
After having almost no retail movements for some time we are having several in a short period - but this isn’t a negative as new retailers bring vibrancy to an area.
All the new occupiers are high quality and Le Creuset in particular are selling products which fit well within St Albans - they are extremely busy.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
All centres need some movement of retailers to remain fresh and as the shops will let quickly St Albans is proving a strong city centre.
Matthew Bowen, Aitchison Raffety: 01727 843232