Evening Standard deems Herts Ad Home of the Week a ‘trophy home’
- Credit: Archant
It would seem our selection for the best home in Hertfordshire this week has caught the eye of the property editors at London’s Evening Standard too...
The night before this week’s latest edition of the Herts Advertiser’s Property supplement hit the news-stands the Evening Standard named our Home of the Week as their Trophy Home of the Week. Great minds must surely think alike. Describing the property as “impossibly grand”, “suitably audacious” and “jaw-dropping” (not to mention the “blossomfest” driveway), we happen to agree with their analysis.
Skyfield Manor, West End Lane | Guide Price £4,500,000
Hamptons | 01727 400 223 | hamptons.co.uk
A very rare opportunity to own an ‘Edwardian-Deco’ period Country Manor set in one of the most beautiful and unique plots in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Skyfield Manor is approached from a 550ft driveway flanked with cherry blossom trees. The drive meanders through manicured parkland up to the handsome main residence. The 3 principal buildings are retained by original stone balustrading, providing a border to the 5 acre gardens accessed via grand sweeping white stone steps.
The elevated main family house consists of 5/6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 4 reception rooms and is arranged over ground, 1st and 2nd floors with an impressive symmetrical Palladian style porch into the reception hallway, with full height mirrored walls. The ambient lighting and calming palette of the interior is soft and chic and the skylight above the kitchen brings reflections of the mature trees into the home.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
The master suite is self-contained and evokes the feeling of a boutique hotel.
There is a 1st floor sun-area for enjoying the homes’ surrounding views.
The AV room houses the controls for the wide-angle colour HD security cameras that are installed around the exterior of the property.
There is an outdoor 40ft x 20ft heated swimming pool, with terrace. A pathway invites you into the picturesque 11.5 acre parcel of private mature woodland.
The property boasts an additional fully self-contained 3 bedroom Lodge House, a secondary substantial goods entrance and a large Annex offering flexible living or office space.