Estate agents double fundraising target for local children’s hospice services in Herts
- Credit: Archant
Local property specialist Leaders will once again support children’s charity Together for Short Lives this year - and has doubled its fundraising target after a successful partnership in 2015.
Together for Short Lives supports all 53 children’s hospice services across the UK, including Keech Hospice Care, Hertfordshire’s children’s hospice.
Employees of the estate agents raised a total of £45,000 for the charity last year, comfortably exceeding the company’s goal of £25,000. As a result, Leaders has pledged to raise a further £50,000 over the next 12 months.
Clare Tobin, chief operating officer at Leaders, says: “Together for Short Lives is a wonderful cause and we are delighted to be supporting it again this year.
“Our staff really got behind the charity last year by running, cycling, rowing, abseiling, baking, skydiving and much more to raise money and we are sure they will find even more creative ways to show their support again in 2016.”
You may also want to watch:
Children’s Hospice Week, which runs from 23rd to 29th May, will be the focus of the firm’s charitable efforts. All 111 Leaders branches across the country will take part in fundraising activities over the course of the week.
Staff are also encouraged to tackle personal challenges at any time throughout the year to generate funds. Two employees have already signed up to run in the London Marathon in April and have each pledged to raise at least £2,500.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Nick Appleby, corporate fundraising manager at Together for Short Lives, says: “We are thrilled to have Leaders’ backing once more in 2016 and we are sure the enthusiasm and commitment of its employees will make it another successful year.
“Children’s hospice services rely on the support and fundraising efforts of companies like Leaders to deliver specialist care to seriously ill children and their families.”
All 1,000-plus Leaders employees have been given permission to take a day off work in 2016 to volunteer at their local children’s hospice.