Comment: Why we all love looking at celeb homes
- Credit: Archant
Swimming pools, kitchen islands as big as bathrooms and bespoke adventure playgrounds are the stuff of property dreams for many of us, but for many a celeb they’re, quite literally, part of the furniture.
Doesn’t stop us dreaming, however, and nor does it stop them sharing – indeed, those lucky enough to have the goods are more than happy to offer a window into their world so we can admire what they’ve got.
Homes of the rich and famous are that bit bigger and better than those belonging to mere civilians (ie. the rest of us), and that’s all part of their appeal.
We took a virtual snoop inside the homes of some of Hertfordshire’s most famous faces, and it was great. What’s not to love about massive kitchens and deluxe dressing rooms, even if you do have to wade through a bit of ‘paid partnership’ and blatant self-promotion to get to the goods.
I love that Sam Faiers, Luisa Zissman and Emma Willis are choosing to share pictures of their homes on Instagram, offering up an ideal opportunity for the nosy likes of you and I. We’re used to seeing ex-TOWIE star Sam’s place on telly, as it features heavily on her TV show, The Mummy Diaries. From the pool to the orangery to the huge, half acre back garden, it’s everything we expect from a celeb homestead.
And she’s not alone. Sam’s pal Luisa also owns a posh pad in Herts, and hers has its own indoor soft play for her daughters, as well as an amazing playground with climbing frame, trampoline and more.
You may also want to watch:
Big Brother presenter Emma’s images give less away, but her eagle-eyed followers are still able enjoy a leopard print stair carpet and beautiful bifold doors (leading out to the inevitably big back garden), not to mention a piano topped with Brit Awards.
In this social media age, celebs are able to get closer to their followers, and if that means we get to sneak a peek inside their massive mansions on a regular basis then I’m all in favour.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure