Comment: Live the Mallorca dream Love Island-style – for just £2.5m
- Credit: Archant
What’s your dream home?
I generally prefer a period property – the full sash window/random unexplained damp patches works – but wouldn’t rule out a more modern home, especially if it comes complete with a pool, a view and a lemon tree or two.
As there aren’t many of these in Herts, I’ve been looking overseas where I’ve found one budget-busting option that ticks all these boxes. Better known to Love Island fans as Casa Amor, the villa in Sant Llorenc des Cardassar, on the eastern side of the island, is for sale with an asking price of £2.5m.
The four-bed, four-bath property is well known to fans of the show as the place where the male members of the cast get away from the main villa for a bit of breathing space, only to be ‘surprised’ by half a dozen bikini-clad newcomers.
The villa comes complete with a private vineyard and olive groves, a double garage and living space measuring 450 m sq plus terraces.
Approached via an avenue lined with trees and grapevines – the said bikini-clad ladies were seen strutting down it en masse on the show – the villa also has a geometric garden with orange and lemon trees adjacent to its 4x14m outdoor pool.
You may also want to watch:
There’s also an eco aspect: the home’s electricity is generated by solar panels and there’s a garden well, too.
Finally, the home designed by well known Mallorquin architect Andrau Bennassar also has a yoga and massage area.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
Muy bien indeed, but this place won’t be to everyone’s taste: high end house hunters who favour a more highbrow TV viewing experience may dismiss Casa Amor out of hand on account of the amorous events that played out here between the show’s stars.
Selling agent Knight Frank must be loving the free advertising, though…