Comment: 53 The Park shows us how the other half live
- Credit: Archant
We love a big, posh house here in Herts, and this week’s property section is full of them.
I visited 53 The Park and gained an awesome insight into what is truly another world of home ownership.
Everything had been considered, from the bespoke storage for watches and jewellery to the his and hers en-suites, with a butch rectangular bath for him, and curved, more ladylike option for her. I left feeling annoyed at the indignity of having to share a bathroom, not only with my other half, but also our three children. This place has seven bedrooms and eight en-suites! Wherever could I acquire the £6m necessary to purchase such a home?
It was the car lift that really, ahem, elevated this property (and me, quite literally, from the basement garage). Apparently passersby have been gaping in amazement at the sight of the hydraulic platform ascending, as the theme from Thunderbirds blasts out. It’s definitely a spectacle – and ideal for people who prefer not to speak to their neighbours (simply drive through the electronic gate, press a button and - ta-da - you’re in the basement).
I still feel like I’m living the dream when I get to park in my own actual driveway, after years of being forced to put my parallel parking ‘skills’ to the test. The idea of having a garage – or, heaven forbid – an underground ‘leisure complex’ blows my mind. Not that I really need an on-site yoga studio or cocktail bar, but, y’know, it’d be nice.
After visiting The Park, arriving back to my own house, with its peeling wallpaper, piles of kid clutter and all-encompassing eau de dog felt something of an anti-climax.
You may also want to watch:
Like most of the rest of Hertfordshire, I’m sadly lacking the millions required to make owning this particular home a reality, but I loved seeing how the other half live.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 10 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo