Christmas comes early for local charities thanks to property consultancy’s support
- Credit: Archant
Staff from Aitchison Raffety are giving back to the local community over the festive period, donating gifts to three charities.
Colleagues in both their commercial and residential (Aitchisons) Hertfordshire offices have been busy purchasing and wrapping gifts for children and their families who may have to spend Christmas at Watford General Hospital or the Hospice of St Francis. DENS Homelessness charity has also received gifts, including sleeping bags and warm clothing.
David Goodchild, group managing director at Aitchison Raffety, said: “Every year, in place of Christmas cards, we make a donation to each of our chosen charities.
“This is now the third year we have been able deliver toys to the Starfish Ward and fifth year supporting DENS. This year, we also sourced gifts for the Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
“Our gifts to the children will hopefully add to the spirit of Christmas at the hospital and hospice, whose dedicated staff do an amazing job all year round for the children and their families, not just at Christmas”.
You may also want to watch:
The gifts were loaded into Santa’s sleigh - the company cars - and delivered this week, ready to open on the 25th.
For more information on how you can get involved, please contact Charlotte Yelland, marketing co-ordinator at Aitchison Raffety, on 01727 843232 or email@example.com.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 6 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 10 A New York state of mind