Cat estate agent aims to find moggies their purrfect home
- Credit: Archant
A cat charity is helping homeless kitties find their forever home by setting up a feline estate agency.
A world first, the pop-up Estate Agent for Cats has been established by the Blue Cross pet charity – for four days only.
The bespoke properties range from Georgian manors to quaint cottages and they’re all constructed from cardboard, because what moggy doesn’t love a cardboard box.
Ryan Neile, Head of Animal Behaviour at Blue Cross said: “Cats are very inquisitive and love to explore new things, so most won’t hesitate to jump inside a cardboard box. Owners often provide cardboard boxes for kittens to climb and play on and jump in and these early experiences create an affection for boxes in later life.
“Cats also love to hide and feel safe and secure, they will often seek out dark nooks and crannies with high sides.”
You may also want to watch:
The homes currently on the market at this niche agency include a tropical tepee, a thatched cottage and a property inspired by the Taj Mahal. All are for sale via a silent auction ballot at the agency, with proceeds going to the Blue Cross.
The ‘architects’ of these fine feline abodes include retailers, 3D design university students and school children.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
The cat models used in the campaign are also in the market for an adoptive family.
The Estate Agent for Cats is open daily until Saturday April 29, from 10am-4pm.
It’s based at the East London HQ of kitty ‘lifestyle destination’ PetsPyjamas, at 81 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4QS.
For more information on the Estate Agent For Cats and advice from Blue Cross visit www.bluecross.org.uk.