Cat estate agent aims to find moggies their purrfect home
- Credit: Archant
A cat charity is helping homeless kitties find their forever home by setting up a feline estate agency.
A world first, the pop-up Estate Agent for Cats has been established by the Blue Cross pet charity – for four days only.
The bespoke properties range from Georgian manors to quaint cottages and they’re all constructed from cardboard, because what moggy doesn’t love a cardboard box.
Ryan Neile, Head of Animal Behaviour at Blue Cross said: “Cats are very inquisitive and love to explore new things, so most won’t hesitate to jump inside a cardboard box. Owners often provide cardboard boxes for kittens to climb and play on and jump in and these early experiences create an affection for boxes in later life.
“Cats also love to hide and feel safe and secure, they will often seek out dark nooks and crannies with high sides.”
You may also want to watch:
The homes currently on the market at this niche agency include a tropical tepee, a thatched cottage and a property inspired by the Taj Mahal. All are for sale via a silent auction ballot at the agency, with proceeds going to the Blue Cross.
The ‘architects’ of these fine feline abodes include retailers, 3D design university students and school children.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 8 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 9 Talented Verulam Reallymoving juniors star on return to competitive cycling
- 10 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
The cat models used in the campaign are also in the market for an adoptive family.
The Estate Agent for Cats is open daily until Saturday April 29, from 10am-4pm.
It’s based at the East London HQ of kitty ‘lifestyle destination’ PetsPyjamas, at 81 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4QS.
For more information on the Estate Agent For Cats and advice from Blue Cross visit www.bluecross.org.uk.