Busy Christmas for St Albans lettings market
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The St Albans rental market was unusually busy in the run up to Christmas, according to a local agent.
Gregory Moulton, managing director of Let Me Properties, said: “Usually we are very quiet during December, but last year we were surprisingly busy with new lettings.
“Our advice to landlords in St Albans is usually to try to avoid having their property become available between November and January to ensure a steady supply of tenants is available to them. However, this winter seems to be bucking the trend.
“January has traditionally also been quite a slow burn as the market gets back into full swing each year, but this year we have already found it to be quite buoyant.”
Gregory admitted there had been a “slowdown” at the top of the rental market following June’s referendum, which “delayed many property rentals towards the end of 2016”.
You may also want to watch:
The market has recovered from this, says Gregory, and the year ahead looks bright: “We are optimistic for the future of the St Albans property market in 2017 and hopeful that the government will backtrack on their attack on private landlords and letting agents; we believe it will only damage the market by restricting the supply of properties and causing rents to increase.
“If you have a property to let, or you are thinking of letting your property, there is no time like the present, especially for smaller properties such as one-bed flats or houses which are always in great demand.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 6 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414