Big-hearted Harpenden estate agent attends client’s wedding
- Credit: Archant
Estate agents aren’t known for their thoughtful gestures, but one went against type when she surprised a client on her wedding day.
Angela Troughton was touched to arrive at the church on her big day and see Sally Powell from Harrison Murray, Harpenden, waiting outside.
Piano teacher Angela – whose home was on the market when she tied the knot last September – says Sally’s gesture was in line with the “excellent” service she had already provided
She said: “Estate agents often get a bad press but my experiences with Harrison Murray in Harpenden have shown them to be an extremely safe pair of hands.”
Angela first bought with the agency in 2009 and returned to them when she decided to move to St Albans with partner Ian.
You may also want to watch:
Angela, 55, said: “When I came to sell the property, they were the obvious choice to assist - particularly as Sally had shown my then husband-to-be Ian and I around a few properties we were interested in buying.
“Sally was extremely proactive from the off and showed great expertise as she dealt with solicitors and the buyers and cut through any challenges that arose.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
“I didn’t think there was anything more she could do to show what a star she is but then when Ian and I got married in September Sally truly proved her willingness to go the extra mile.
“When I arrived it was a lovely surprise to see Sally outside the church. Although she was working and therefore couldn’t stay for the service she wanted to pass on her best wishes and to say good luck. It’s a fabulous gesture that I’ll never forget.”
Sally went on to help the newlyweds achieve the greatest wedding gift of all – a completed sale. We wish the happy couple all the best in their new home!