Big-hearted Harpenden estate agent attends client’s wedding
- Credit: Archant
Estate agents aren’t known for their thoughtful gestures, but one went against type when she surprised a client on her wedding day.
Angela Troughton was touched to arrive at the church on her big day and see Sally Powell from Harrison Murray, Harpenden, waiting outside.
Piano teacher Angela – whose home was on the market when she tied the knot last September – says Sally’s gesture was in line with the “excellent” service she had already provided
She said: “Estate agents often get a bad press but my experiences with Harrison Murray in Harpenden have shown them to be an extremely safe pair of hands.”
Angela first bought with the agency in 2009 and returned to them when she decided to move to St Albans with partner Ian.
Angela, 55, said: “When I came to sell the property, they were the obvious choice to assist - particularly as Sally had shown my then husband-to-be Ian and I around a few properties we were interested in buying.
“Sally was extremely proactive from the off and showed great expertise as she dealt with solicitors and the buyers and cut through any challenges that arose.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 5 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
- 6 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 7 Allinson ‘immensely proud’ despite St Albans City’s FA Cup exit
- 8 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 9 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
“I didn’t think there was anything more she could do to show what a star she is but then when Ian and I got married in September Sally truly proved her willingness to go the extra mile.
“When I arrived it was a lovely surprise to see Sally outside the church. Although she was working and therefore couldn’t stay for the service she wanted to pass on her best wishes and to say good luck. It’s a fabulous gesture that I’ll never forget.”
Sally went on to help the newlyweds achieve the greatest wedding gift of all – a completed sale. We wish the happy couple all the best in their new home!