St Albans co-working space nominated for design award
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in St Albans has been nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
BubbleHUB on Stonecross is in the running for the Interior Design - Corporate & Commercial prize at the 2019 London Design Awards.
The award celebrates innovative interiors in the commercial sector and the winner will be announced on October 10.
Co-founders Benn Latham and Harry Dougall bought The Old Pumphouse in 2018 and, following a six-month period of extensive renovation led by interior architecture and design firm, align, BubbleHUB was born.
Benn said their intention was to create a "beautiful, unique, eclectic" space that offered a relaxed, collaborative environment.
You may also want to watch:
The building has been fitted to a high-specification, sensitive to the building's history with sustainable credentials, he added.
Features include two private phone booths, a bar area, coffee machines, kitchen, a bookable meeting room, 17 permanent workstations and 20 hot desks across two floors, as well as "the best Wi-Fi in the area".
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Benn said: "We love the finished building. It is beautiful - every area has distinctive interesting features arising from both the building fabric and the design.
"We are overjoyed that for many of our earlier members who took a 'leap of faith', it has surpassed expectations!"