St Albans co-working space nominated for design award
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in St Albans has been nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
BubbleHUB on Stonecross is in the running for the Interior Design - Corporate & Commercial prize at the 2019 London Design Awards.
The award celebrates innovative interiors in the commercial sector and the winner will be announced on October 10.
Co-founders Benn Latham and Harry Dougall bought The Old Pumphouse in 2018 and, following a six-month period of extensive renovation led by interior architecture and design firm, align, BubbleHUB was born.
Benn said their intention was to create a "beautiful, unique, eclectic" space that offered a relaxed, collaborative environment.
The building has been fitted to a high-specification, sensitive to the building's history with sustainable credentials, he added.
Features include two private phone booths, a bar area, coffee machines, kitchen, a bookable meeting room, 17 permanent workstations and 20 hot desks across two floors, as well as "the best Wi-Fi in the area".
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Benn said: "We love the finished building. It is beautiful - every area has distinctive interesting features arising from both the building fabric and the design.
"We are overjoyed that for many of our earlier members who took a 'leap of faith', it has surpassed expectations!"