St Albans co-working space nominated for design award
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in St Albans has been nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
BubbleHUB on Stonecross is in the running for the Interior Design - Corporate & Commercial prize at the 2019 London Design Awards.
The award celebrates innovative interiors in the commercial sector and the winner will be announced on October 10.
Co-founders Benn Latham and Harry Dougall bought The Old Pumphouse in 2018 and, following a six-month period of extensive renovation led by interior architecture and design firm, align, BubbleHUB was born.
Benn said their intention was to create a "beautiful, unique, eclectic" space that offered a relaxed, collaborative environment.
You may also want to watch:
The building has been fitted to a high-specification, sensitive to the building's history with sustainable credentials, he added.
Features include two private phone booths, a bar area, coffee machines, kitchen, a bookable meeting room, 17 permanent workstations and 20 hot desks across two floors, as well as "the best Wi-Fi in the area".
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Benn said: "We love the finished building. It is beautiful - every area has distinctive interesting features arising from both the building fabric and the design.
"We are overjoyed that for many of our earlier members who took a 'leap of faith', it has surpassed expectations!"