St Albans co-working space nominated for design award
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in St Albans has been nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
BubbleHUB on Stonecross is in the running for the Interior Design - Corporate & Commercial prize at the 2019 London Design Awards.
The award celebrates innovative interiors in the commercial sector and the winner will be announced on October 10.
Co-founders Benn Latham and Harry Dougall bought The Old Pumphouse in 2018 and, following a six-month period of extensive renovation led by interior architecture and design firm, align, BubbleHUB was born.
Benn said their intention was to create a "beautiful, unique, eclectic" space that offered a relaxed, collaborative environment.
You may also want to watch:
The building has been fitted to a high-specification, sensitive to the building's history with sustainable credentials, he added.
Features include two private phone booths, a bar area, coffee machines, kitchen, a bookable meeting room, 17 permanent workstations and 20 hot desks across two floors, as well as "the best Wi-Fi in the area".
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
Benn said: "We love the finished building. It is beautiful - every area has distinctive interesting features arising from both the building fabric and the design.
"We are overjoyed that for many of our earlier members who took a 'leap of faith', it has surpassed expectations!"