Auction house ends year on a high
- Credit: Archant
A leading auction house is proud to announce a great end to a bright year.
Elliott Network Auctions say they enjoyed another excellent result at their December auctions in London and Birmingham – with an 86 per cent sales success and a total of £4.2m raised under auctioneers Guy Charrison and Richard Worrall.
This year the firm sold 85 per cent of lots offered and raised more than £42m – up by 15.5 per cent on 2015.
December auctions saw investors and owner-occupiers bidding in the room, by telephone and by proxy with a top price of £576,000 paid for a semi-detached cottage in Bricket Wood, near St Albans.
Other achievements included a speculative piece of land with a £1 reserve price reaching £7,500. And a three-bed semi went for £400,000 - £75,000 over the reserve figure, while several ground rent investment lots sold for up to 100 per cent above their reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Limbrick, of Elliott Network Auctions, said: “We shall be holding 11 auctions in 2017 – six in London and five in Birmingham and we fully anticipate increasing the number of lots offered and sold next year.
“If you are thinking of selling a property and the speed and certainty of a well conducted auction are attractive, please contact us to discuss the best options open to you.”
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
To find out more, check out Elliott Network Auctions at www.networkauctions.co.uk or call 01923 240240.