Auction house ends year on a high
- Credit: Archant
A leading auction house is proud to announce a great end to a bright year.
Elliott Network Auctions say they enjoyed another excellent result at their December auctions in London and Birmingham – with an 86 per cent sales success and a total of £4.2m raised under auctioneers Guy Charrison and Richard Worrall.
This year the firm sold 85 per cent of lots offered and raised more than £42m – up by 15.5 per cent on 2015.
December auctions saw investors and owner-occupiers bidding in the room, by telephone and by proxy with a top price of £576,000 paid for a semi-detached cottage in Bricket Wood, near St Albans.
Other achievements included a speculative piece of land with a £1 reserve price reaching £7,500. And a three-bed semi went for £400,000 - £75,000 over the reserve figure, while several ground rent investment lots sold for up to 100 per cent above their reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Limbrick, of Elliott Network Auctions, said: “We shall be holding 11 auctions in 2017 – six in London and five in Birmingham and we fully anticipate increasing the number of lots offered and sold next year.
“If you are thinking of selling a property and the speed and certainty of a well conducted auction are attractive, please contact us to discuss the best options open to you.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
To find out more, check out Elliott Network Auctions at www.networkauctions.co.uk or call 01923 240240.