Auction house ends year on a high
- Credit: Archant
A leading auction house is proud to announce a great end to a bright year.
Elliott Network Auctions say they enjoyed another excellent result at their December auctions in London and Birmingham – with an 86 per cent sales success and a total of £4.2m raised under auctioneers Guy Charrison and Richard Worrall.
This year the firm sold 85 per cent of lots offered and raised more than £42m – up by 15.5 per cent on 2015.
December auctions saw investors and owner-occupiers bidding in the room, by telephone and by proxy with a top price of £576,000 paid for a semi-detached cottage in Bricket Wood, near St Albans.
Other achievements included a speculative piece of land with a £1 reserve price reaching £7,500. And a three-bed semi went for £400,000 - £75,000 over the reserve figure, while several ground rent investment lots sold for up to 100 per cent above their reserves.
Toby Limbrick, of Elliott Network Auctions, said: “We shall be holding 11 auctions in 2017 – six in London and five in Birmingham and we fully anticipate increasing the number of lots offered and sold next year.
“If you are thinking of selling a property and the speed and certainty of a well conducted auction are attractive, please contact us to discuss the best options open to you.”
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
To find out more, check out Elliott Network Auctions at www.networkauctions.co.uk or call 01923 240240.