Apples & Pears: 3 Herts homes with stunning stairs
- Credit: Archant
Stairs don’t have to just be for climbing. They’re the gateway to another level of your home, but can also be a design feature. Check out these homes with beautiful and intriguing staircases.
Gallows Hill, Kings Langley | Guide Price £899,995
A fine Grade II listed detached family home situated within walking distance of Abbots Langley village and Kings Langley station. The property has been remodelled to a high standard with entrance, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, open plan family/dining/study space, landing, master bedroom with spiral staircase to en suite bathroom/WC, two further bedrooms and a guest room.
Morgan & Associates | 01844 279990 | morganandassociates.co.uk
Nancy Downs, Watford | POA
You may also want to watch:
A bespoke, contemporary new build, constructed for the present family in 2009. Huge expanses of glazing throughout, including a stunning triple height central atrium. Central staircase of marble with glass balustrade and oak hand rails. American white oak doors. Ornate plaster cornice work, LED mood lighting and a bar with dance floor and seating area.
Hamptons | 01923 909066 | hamptons.co.uk
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
The Ridgeway, Cuffley | Guide Price £2,695,000
A house for entertaining on a grand scale! On entering, the splendid hall features a turning staircase leading on to a galleried landing. The large window to the front floods the landing with light and there is a door onto a balcony with views straight through to the garden beyond. The bespoke kitchen leads on to the dining area and family room which spans two thirds the width of the house with glorious views of the grounds and woods.
Thompson Vales | 020 8679 9889 | thompson-vales.co.uk