Another award for St Albans’ Gabriel Square development
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development on London Road, St Albans, has picked up another prestigious award.
The Meyer Homes scheme won Best Out of London Home (under 100) at the Evening Standard New Homes Awards 2018 on May 18.
A panel of reader judges picked from a shortlist chosen by industry experts, and the winners were announced by comedian Kevin Bridges at a ceremony at London’s Dorchester hotel.
Gabriel Square is the first garden square development in St Albans and the first completed project from Meyer Homes.
The scheme features a collection of 52 three and four-bedroom townhouses and 28 one, two and three-bedroom apartments and duplexes set around the landscaped square.
Highlights include secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens, Control4 Smart Homes Technology and close proximity to both the City station and the high street.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening Standard win follows multiple awards successes for the development last year.
It picked up the Home of The Year (in a multi-unit scheme) gong at the Sunday Times British Homes Awards as well as winning gold in the Best Interior Design category and silver for Best House at the WhatHouse? Awards.
James Moody, MD of Meyer Homes said: “We are extremely proud to have won Best out of London Home for Gabriel Square.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
“It is a great achievement to receive one more award for Gabriel Square to highlight our commitment to creating stylish, modern and high-quality homes.”