Another award for St Albans’ Gabriel Square development
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development on London Road, St Albans, has picked up another prestigious award.
The Meyer Homes scheme won Best Out of London Home (under 100) at the Evening Standard New Homes Awards 2018 on May 18.
A panel of reader judges picked from a shortlist chosen by industry experts, and the winners were announced by comedian Kevin Bridges at a ceremony at London’s Dorchester hotel.
Gabriel Square is the first garden square development in St Albans and the first completed project from Meyer Homes.
The scheme features a collection of 52 three and four-bedroom townhouses and 28 one, two and three-bedroom apartments and duplexes set around the landscaped square.
Highlights include secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens, Control4 Smart Homes Technology and close proximity to both the City station and the high street.
The Evening Standard win follows multiple awards successes for the development last year.
It picked up the Home of The Year (in a multi-unit scheme) gong at the Sunday Times British Homes Awards as well as winning gold in the Best Interior Design category and silver for Best House at the WhatHouse? Awards.
James Moody, MD of Meyer Homes said: “We are extremely proud to have won Best out of London Home for Gabriel Square.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
“It is a great achievement to receive one more award for Gabriel Square to highlight our commitment to creating stylish, modern and high-quality homes.”