Another award for St Albans’ Gabriel Square development
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development on London Road, St Albans, has picked up another prestigious award.
The Meyer Homes scheme won Best Out of London Home (under 100) at the Evening Standard New Homes Awards 2018 on May 18.
A panel of reader judges picked from a shortlist chosen by industry experts, and the winners were announced by comedian Kevin Bridges at a ceremony at London’s Dorchester hotel.
Gabriel Square is the first garden square development in St Albans and the first completed project from Meyer Homes.
The scheme features a collection of 52 three and four-bedroom townhouses and 28 one, two and three-bedroom apartments and duplexes set around the landscaped square.
Highlights include secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens, Control4 Smart Homes Technology and close proximity to both the City station and the high street.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening Standard win follows multiple awards successes for the development last year.
It picked up the Home of The Year (in a multi-unit scheme) gong at the Sunday Times British Homes Awards as well as winning gold in the Best Interior Design category and silver for Best House at the WhatHouse? Awards.
James Moody, MD of Meyer Homes said: “We are extremely proud to have won Best out of London Home for Gabriel Square.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
“It is a great achievement to receive one more award for Gabriel Square to highlight our commitment to creating stylish, modern and high-quality homes.”