Property Spotlight: A huge Edwardian home in central St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This handsome and substantial six bedroom detached residence is set behind a carriage driveway in a prime central location. a short walk from the city centre and mainline railway station.
The striking Edwardian architecture and modern additions reveal approximately 4,000 sq ft of living accommodation with unusually large rooms, providing a bright interior, perfect for entertaining and everyday family life.
The ground floor opens to a grand central hallway with sweeping staircase, cloakroom, dual aspect living room, dining room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and games room.
There are three double bedrooms on the first floor, including the master bedroom, with an en suite shower room. The family bathroom, a cloakroom and a home office complete the picture on this floor.
The second floor leads to three additional double bedrooms served by a shower room.
You may also want to watch:
Externally, the driveway provides off road parking for several cars with side access to a garage, for bike and storage purposes, including a gym area.
To the rear of the property is a large garden with a private patio, substantial lawn area with established shrubs and mature trees.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 7 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
This already impressive property offers further scope for extension, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
Lemsford Road, St Albans
Frost's, 01727 861166, www.frosts.co.uk