Property Spotlight: A huge Edwardian home in central St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This handsome and substantial six bedroom detached residence is set behind a carriage driveway in a prime central location. a short walk from the city centre and mainline railway station.
The striking Edwardian architecture and modern additions reveal approximately 4,000 sq ft of living accommodation with unusually large rooms, providing a bright interior, perfect for entertaining and everyday family life.
The ground floor opens to a grand central hallway with sweeping staircase, cloakroom, dual aspect living room, dining room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and games room.
There are three double bedrooms on the first floor, including the master bedroom, with an en suite shower room. The family bathroom, a cloakroom and a home office complete the picture on this floor.
The second floor leads to three additional double bedrooms served by a shower room.
You may also want to watch:
Externally, the driveway provides off road parking for several cars with side access to a garage, for bike and storage purposes, including a gym area.
To the rear of the property is a large garden with a private patio, substantial lawn area with established shrubs and mature trees.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
This already impressive property offers further scope for extension, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
Lemsford Road, St Albans
Frost's, 01727 861166, www.frosts.co.uk