Property Spotlight: A listed early garden city cottage in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful Grade II listed early garden city cottage was designed by Parker and Unwin architects and has recently benefitted from a programme of renovation to bring it back to its former glory.
The present owners have greatly improved the property with a replacement boiler, updated plumbing and rewiring.
Further improvements, which blend seamlessly with the original period features, include a refitted bathroom suite, Suffolk latch doors and replacement timber double glazed windows.
The spacious accommodation includes an entrance porch and generous size sitting room with open fireplace leading through to the cottage style kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen was hand built and installed by a local craftsman and the refitted bathroom includes a beautiful roll top bath.
To the first floor there are three generous bedrooms with features including open fireplaces.
Externally the rear garden measures 71ft x 18ft and benefits from a westerly aspect therefore enjoying the best of the afternoon and evening sunshine.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
The property overlooks a delightful green and is set within a tree-lined crescent of similar era cottages.
Ridge Road, Letchworth
Guide price: £375,000
Putterills, 01462 632 222, www.putterills.co.uk