Property Spotlight: A listed early garden city cottage in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful Grade II listed early garden city cottage was designed by Parker and Unwin architects and has recently benefitted from a programme of renovation to bring it back to its former glory.
The present owners have greatly improved the property with a replacement boiler, updated plumbing and rewiring.
Further improvements, which blend seamlessly with the original period features, include a refitted bathroom suite, Suffolk latch doors and replacement timber double glazed windows.
The spacious accommodation includes an entrance porch and generous size sitting room with open fireplace leading through to the cottage style kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen was hand built and installed by a local craftsman and the refitted bathroom includes a beautiful roll top bath.
You may also want to watch:
To the first floor there are three generous bedrooms with features including open fireplaces.
Externally the rear garden measures 71ft x 18ft and benefits from a westerly aspect therefore enjoying the best of the afternoon and evening sunshine.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
The property overlooks a delightful green and is set within a tree-lined crescent of similar era cottages.
Ridge Road, Letchworth
Guide price: £375,000
Putterills, 01462 632 222, www.putterills.co.uk