Property Spotlight: A listed early garden city cottage in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful Grade II listed early garden city cottage was designed by Parker and Unwin architects and has recently benefitted from a programme of renovation to bring it back to its former glory.
The present owners have greatly improved the property with a replacement boiler, updated plumbing and rewiring.
Further improvements, which blend seamlessly with the original period features, include a refitted bathroom suite, Suffolk latch doors and replacement timber double glazed windows.
The spacious accommodation includes an entrance porch and generous size sitting room with open fireplace leading through to the cottage style kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen was hand built and installed by a local craftsman and the refitted bathroom includes a beautiful roll top bath.
You may also want to watch:
To the first floor there are three generous bedrooms with features including open fireplaces.
Externally the rear garden measures 71ft x 18ft and benefits from a westerly aspect therefore enjoying the best of the afternoon and evening sunshine.
- 1 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 5 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 8 District's weekly COVID-19 figures fall for first time since third national lockdown introduced
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
The property overlooks a delightful green and is set within a tree-lined crescent of similar era cottages.
Ridge Road, Letchworth
Guide price: £375,000
Putterills, 01462 632 222, www.putterills.co.uk