Property Spotlight: A listed early garden city cottage in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful Grade II listed early garden city cottage was designed by Parker and Unwin architects and has recently benefitted from a programme of renovation to bring it back to its former glory.
The present owners have greatly improved the property with a replacement boiler, updated plumbing and rewiring.
Further improvements, which blend seamlessly with the original period features, include a refitted bathroom suite, Suffolk latch doors and replacement timber double glazed windows.
The spacious accommodation includes an entrance porch and generous size sitting room with open fireplace leading through to the cottage style kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen was hand built and installed by a local craftsman and the refitted bathroom includes a beautiful roll top bath.
You may also want to watch:
To the first floor there are three generous bedrooms with features including open fireplaces.
Externally the rear garden measures 71ft x 18ft and benefits from a westerly aspect therefore enjoying the best of the afternoon and evening sunshine.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
The property overlooks a delightful green and is set within a tree-lined crescent of similar era cottages.
Ridge Road, Letchworth
Guide price: £375,000
Putterills, 01462 632 222, www.putterills.co.uk