Aitchison Raffety donates toys to hospital and hospice just in time for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Property consultant, Aitchison Raffety, is giving back to the local community and donating gifts over the festive period to both the Starfish Ward for children at Watford General Hospital, and the Keech Hospice Care, operating in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire.
During the last few weeks, colleagues in both their St Albans and South Hertfordshire offices have been busy purchasing and wrapping gifts for those children that unfortunately will have to spend Christmas in hospital or the local hospice.
“Every year, in place of Christmas cards, we make a donation to each of our chosen charities” commented David Goodchild, Group Managing Director at Aitchison Raffety. “This year we wanted to do something extra within our local community and ensure that children, and their families who aren’t able to be home for Christmas, can still have a special time together. Our gifts to the children will hopefully add to the ‘Spirit of Christmas’ at the Starfish Ward and Keech Hospice, whose dedicated staff and volunteers do an amazing job all year round for the children, not just at Christmas”.
The gifts are being loaded as we speak into Santa’s sleigh (the company cars) and will be delivered next week, ready to open on the 25th.
Keech Hospice Care started in 1986 and supports adults, children and their families with terminal illnesses in Herts, Beds and Bucks. Services are free of charge for all those who access them and the charity relies heavily on donations from the public and corporate sponsors.
You may also want to watch:
The Starfish Ward at Watford General Hospital is a paediatric ward caring for children and young people up to the age of 16. The ward cares for children with both medical and surgical conditions and also has two high dependency beds. The team on the ward work tirelessly to provide a welcoming environment for children and their families with a dedicated play specialist and rooms for playing and a room for older children.
For more information on how you can get involved please contact Charlotte Yelland, Marketing Co-Ordinator at Aitchison Raffety on 01727 843232 or email@example.com.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data