Property Spotlight: A unique Grade II listed property set in vast grounds near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully located Grade II listed equestrian property is positioned on the edge of the sought after village of Benington.
Graycroft consists of a large stable block, storage barns and post and rail paddocks extending to 26.62 acres.
The house benefits from four good sized reception rooms, which include a magnificent drawing room with a double height ceiling, large open fire and doors to the extensive terrace. The cosy kitchen adjoins the well-proportioned sitting room, which includes a log burner.
To one end of the first floor are three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en-suite) and at the other end is a further bedroom and bathroom as well as a reception room. This end of the house could easily be used as an annexe.
The stable yard includes 12 boxes and a tack room; adjacent is a large farm building, workshop and further store room. Beyond the outbuildings are the beautifully maintained post and railed paddocks, interspersed by woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Benington is set in beautiful unspoilt countryside offering a well-regarded school, a village green and two pubs. Stevenage mainline station is 15 minutes away by car.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 6 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
Graycroft, Hebing End, Benington
Guide price: £1,650,000
Bryan Bishop and Partners, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk