Property Spotlight: A unique Grade II listed property set in vast grounds near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully located Grade II listed equestrian property is positioned on the edge of the sought after village of Benington.
Graycroft consists of a large stable block, storage barns and post and rail paddocks extending to 26.62 acres.
The house benefits from four good sized reception rooms, which include a magnificent drawing room with a double height ceiling, large open fire and doors to the extensive terrace. The cosy kitchen adjoins the well-proportioned sitting room, which includes a log burner.
To one end of the first floor are three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en-suite) and at the other end is a further bedroom and bathroom as well as a reception room. This end of the house could easily be used as an annexe.
The stable yard includes 12 boxes and a tack room; adjacent is a large farm building, workshop and further store room. Beyond the outbuildings are the beautifully maintained post and railed paddocks, interspersed by woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Benington is set in beautiful unspoilt countryside offering a well-regarded school, a village green and two pubs. Stevenage mainline station is 15 minutes away by car.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Graycroft, Hebing End, Benington
Guide price: £1,650,000
Bryan Bishop and Partners, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk