Property Spotlight: A unique Grade II listed property set in vast grounds near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully located Grade II listed equestrian property is positioned on the edge of the sought after village of Benington.
Graycroft consists of a large stable block, storage barns and post and rail paddocks extending to 26.62 acres.
The house benefits from four good sized reception rooms, which include a magnificent drawing room with a double height ceiling, large open fire and doors to the extensive terrace. The cosy kitchen adjoins the well-proportioned sitting room, which includes a log burner.
To one end of the first floor are three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en-suite) and at the other end is a further bedroom and bathroom as well as a reception room. This end of the house could easily be used as an annexe.
The stable yard includes 12 boxes and a tack room; adjacent is a large farm building, workshop and further store room. Beyond the outbuildings are the beautifully maintained post and railed paddocks, interspersed by woodland.
Benington is set in beautiful unspoilt countryside offering a well-regarded school, a village green and two pubs. Stevenage mainline station is 15 minutes away by car.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Graycroft, Hebing End, Benington
Guide price: £1,650,000
Bryan Bishop and Partners, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk