Property Spotlight: A unique Grade II listed property set in vast grounds near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully located Grade II listed equestrian property is positioned on the edge of the sought after village of Benington.
Graycroft consists of a large stable block, storage barns and post and rail paddocks extending to 26.62 acres.
The house benefits from four good sized reception rooms, which include a magnificent drawing room with a double height ceiling, large open fire and doors to the extensive terrace. The cosy kitchen adjoins the well-proportioned sitting room, which includes a log burner.
To one end of the first floor are three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en-suite) and at the other end is a further bedroom and bathroom as well as a reception room. This end of the house could easily be used as an annexe.
The stable yard includes 12 boxes and a tack room; adjacent is a large farm building, workshop and further store room. Beyond the outbuildings are the beautifully maintained post and railed paddocks, interspersed by woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Benington is set in beautiful unspoilt countryside offering a well-regarded school, a village green and two pubs. Stevenage mainline station is 15 minutes away by car.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
Graycroft, Hebing End, Benington
Guide price: £1,650,000
Bryan Bishop and Partners, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk