Property Spotlight: A unique barn and grain store conversion near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four bedroom four bathroom barn and grain store conversion is situated in a private gated development in the village of Little Wymondley.
Originally part of the Wymondley Bury Estate, the property has just under 2,600 sq ft of accommodation, set over two floors.
Converted in 2005 to a high standard throughout, the property has exposed beams and underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and sitting room.
The kitchen/breakfast room and family room above are in the original grain store. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, with the further two bedrooms on the first floor.
The wraparound garden is enclosed by hedgerow and has a variety of mature flower and shrub beds and borders, along with a raised decked seating area. There is gated access to the rear, together with a single carport and additional parking.
You may also want to watch:
The village of Little Wymondley has two public houses, a cricket ground and a primary school.
Further amenities are available in the town of Hitchin, which is approximately two miles away. The town has a range of schools including the boys' and girls' schools, which are both rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The property is for sale with no upper chain.
The Granary, Little Wymondley, Hitchin
Guide price £850,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk