Property Spotlight: A unique barn and grain store conversion near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four bedroom four bathroom barn and grain store conversion is situated in a private gated development in the village of Little Wymondley.
Originally part of the Wymondley Bury Estate, the property has just under 2,600 sq ft of accommodation, set over two floors.
Converted in 2005 to a high standard throughout, the property has exposed beams and underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and sitting room.
The kitchen/breakfast room and family room above are in the original grain store. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, with the further two bedrooms on the first floor.
The wraparound garden is enclosed by hedgerow and has a variety of mature flower and shrub beds and borders, along with a raised decked seating area. There is gated access to the rear, together with a single carport and additional parking.
You may also want to watch:
The village of Little Wymondley has two public houses, a cricket ground and a primary school.
Further amenities are available in the town of Hitchin, which is approximately two miles away. The town has a range of schools including the boys' and girls' schools, which are both rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
The property is for sale with no upper chain.
The Granary, Little Wymondley, Hitchin
Guide price £850,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk