Property Spotlight: A unique barn and grain store conversion near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four bedroom four bathroom barn and grain store conversion is situated in a private gated development in the village of Little Wymondley.
Originally part of the Wymondley Bury Estate, the property has just under 2,600 sq ft of accommodation, set over two floors.
Converted in 2005 to a high standard throughout, the property has exposed beams and underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and sitting room.
The kitchen/breakfast room and family room above are in the original grain store. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, with the further two bedrooms on the first floor.
The wraparound garden is enclosed by hedgerow and has a variety of mature flower and shrub beds and borders, along with a raised decked seating area. There is gated access to the rear, together with a single carport and additional parking.
The village of Little Wymondley has two public houses, a cricket ground and a primary school.
Further amenities are available in the town of Hitchin, which is approximately two miles away. The town has a range of schools including the boys' and girls' schools, which are both rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
The property is for sale with no upper chain.
The Granary, Little Wymondley, Hitchin
Guide price £850,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk