Property Spotlight: A unique barn and grain store conversion near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four bedroom four bathroom barn and grain store conversion is situated in a private gated development in the village of Little Wymondley.
Originally part of the Wymondley Bury Estate, the property has just under 2,600 sq ft of accommodation, set over two floors.
Converted in 2005 to a high standard throughout, the property has exposed beams and underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and sitting room.
The kitchen/breakfast room and family room above are in the original grain store. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, with the further two bedrooms on the first floor.
The wraparound garden is enclosed by hedgerow and has a variety of mature flower and shrub beds and borders, along with a raised decked seating area. There is gated access to the rear, together with a single carport and additional parking.
You may also want to watch:
The village of Little Wymondley has two public houses, a cricket ground and a primary school.
Further amenities are available in the town of Hitchin, which is approximately two miles away. The town has a range of schools including the boys' and girls' schools, which are both rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The property is for sale with no upper chain.
The Granary, Little Wymondley, Hitchin
Guide price £850,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk