Property Spotlight: A St Albans city centre flat in a converted hat factory
- Credit: Archant
This refurbished and rarely available two bedroom converted apartment originally dates back to 1825 when it was part of a hat factory.
Professionally designed interiors provide a blend of modern and period features including exposed brickwork and expansive double height industrial windows that create light and airy accommodation.
High quality fixtures and fittings have been used throughout including a Poggenpohl kitchen.
The accommodation comprises of a welcoming entrance hall with an entry phone system, two bedrooms, en suite wet room and family bathroom.
There is also an impressive and spacious open plan living accommodation with a Neville Johnson-made study area.
Externally, there is a south east facing courtyard-style garden to enjoy a tea or coffee in the summer mornings.
Located in a quiet historic area on Inkerman Road, the property is walking distance from St Albans mainline station and the city centre with its wide range of shops, restaurants, bars and leisure facilities.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 10 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
The Old Hat Factory, Inkerman Road, St Albans
Bradford & Howley, 01727 898150, www.bradfordandhowley.com