Property Spotlight: A period home with development potential in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This fine four bedroom detached period residence is set back on a substantial plot on one of the city’s premier roads.
Believed to have been built by Messrs T.A. King in the mid-50s, it has a host of retained original features, including oak panelling.
Enhancing the property further is a lovely east-facing rear garden with a side driveway leading to a double garage.
The front garden is as attractive as the rear, with a gated stepping path leading through lawns to the oak-studded front door.
The property would benefit from updating as is, or could provide an ideal opportunity to remodel and extend, subject to planning.
Indeed, a substantial planning application has been recently submitted to the local authority to allow for a five bedroom, four en suite, three reception home with huge kitchen, the proposed house approaching nearly 4,000 sq ft.
Homewood Road is an enviable address leading southwards from Marshal's Drive, close to the train station and within walking distance of Clarence Park and the city centre itself.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
The property is available for sale with no onward chain.
Homewood Road, St Albans
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk