Property Spotlight: A period home with development potential in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This fine four bedroom detached period residence is set back on a substantial plot on one of the city’s premier roads.
Believed to have been built by Messrs T.A. King in the mid-50s, it has a host of retained original features, including oak panelling.
Enhancing the property further is a lovely east-facing rear garden with a side driveway leading to a double garage.
The front garden is as attractive as the rear, with a gated stepping path leading through lawns to the oak-studded front door.
The property would benefit from updating as is, or could provide an ideal opportunity to remodel and extend, subject to planning.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, a substantial planning application has been recently submitted to the local authority to allow for a five bedroom, four en suite, three reception home with huge kitchen, the proposed house approaching nearly 4,000 sq ft.
Homewood Road is an enviable address leading southwards from Marshal's Drive, close to the train station and within walking distance of Clarence Park and the city centre itself.
- 1 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
The property is available for sale with no onward chain.
Homewood Road, St Albans
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk