Property Spotlight: A period home with development potential in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This fine four bedroom detached period residence is set back on a substantial plot on one of the city’s premier roads.
Believed to have been built by Messrs T.A. King in the mid-50s, it has a host of retained original features, including oak panelling.
Enhancing the property further is a lovely east-facing rear garden with a side driveway leading to a double garage.
The front garden is as attractive as the rear, with a gated stepping path leading through lawns to the oak-studded front door.
The property would benefit from updating as is, or could provide an ideal opportunity to remodel and extend, subject to planning.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, a substantial planning application has been recently submitted to the local authority to allow for a five bedroom, four en suite, three reception home with huge kitchen, the proposed house approaching nearly 4,000 sq ft.
Homewood Road is an enviable address leading southwards from Marshal's Drive, close to the train station and within walking distance of Clarence Park and the city centre itself.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The property is available for sale with no onward chain.
Homewood Road, St Albans
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk