Property Spotlight: A period home with development potential in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This fine four bedroom detached period residence is set back on a substantial plot on one of the city’s premier roads.
Believed to have been built by Messrs T.A. King in the mid-50s, it has a host of retained original features, including oak panelling.
Enhancing the property further is a lovely east-facing rear garden with a side driveway leading to a double garage.
The front garden is as attractive as the rear, with a gated stepping path leading through lawns to the oak-studded front door.
The property would benefit from updating as is, or could provide an ideal opportunity to remodel and extend, subject to planning.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, a substantial planning application has been recently submitted to the local authority to allow for a five bedroom, four en suite, three reception home with huge kitchen, the proposed house approaching nearly 4,000 sq ft.
Homewood Road is an enviable address leading southwards from Marshal's Drive, close to the train station and within walking distance of Clarence Park and the city centre itself.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
The property is available for sale with no onward chain.
Homewood Road, St Albans
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk