Property Spotlight: A stunning family home in the heart of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A grand entrance hall sets the tone, leading to a classic drawing room with high ceilings, marble fireplace and detailed arched windows.
Versatility for family living is key nowadays and this fabulous home presents a wide variety of options for a host of arrangements to suit.
Arranged over three floors, a second reception on the raised ground floor makes for that en vogue home office or a fifth bedroom and the ground floor has a delightful Mark Wilkinson eat-in kitchen opening onto an adjoining family room.
There are shower rooms on the raised ground and first floors, so no more morning jams! A fourth bedroom on the raised ground floor, adjacent to one of the shower rooms, is ideal for staff or as a guest room.
There is off road parking to the front and a pretty side courtyard leading to an enclosed rear garden.
Alma Road is a highly sought after location only a few minutes from the station and a mere stroll to the city centre itself.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 9 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Alma Road, St Albans
Guide price: £1,400,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk