Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed Georgian townhouse in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four-bed Georgian townhouse is conveniently located on Wratten Road East in Hitchin’s historic town centre.
Now known as Lucas House, the property once formed part of the house known as Wratten Cottage; it was converted approximately 11 years ago.
The 1,958 square foot of accommodation combines period features, including exposed beams, sash windows with shutters, fireplaces and oak flooring, with a contemporary kitchen and bathrooms.
The ground floor has a cloakroom, a sitting room and a kitchen/dining room which has access to storage in the cellar.
The four bedrooms and three bathrooms are set over the first and second floors.
You may also want to watch:
Twin electric gates open to the driveway, which leads to off street parking for two cars, with one of the spaces located in a carport.
The paved courtyard garden has a variety of mature shrub and flower beds and borders.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
There is also a store shed, which has power and light connected.
The property is available for sale with no upper chain.
Lucas House, Wratten Road East, Hitchin
Offers in excess of £800,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk