Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed Georgian townhouse in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
This four-bed Georgian townhouse is conveniently located on Wratten Road East in Hitchin’s historic town centre.
Now known as Lucas House, the property once formed part of the house known as Wratten Cottage; it was converted approximately 11 years ago.
The 1,958 square foot of accommodation combines period features, including exposed beams, sash windows with shutters, fireplaces and oak flooring, with a contemporary kitchen and bathrooms.
The ground floor has a cloakroom, a sitting room and a kitchen/dining room which has access to storage in the cellar.
The four bedrooms and three bathrooms are set over the first and second floors.
Twin electric gates open to the driveway, which leads to off street parking for two cars, with one of the spaces located in a carport.
The paved courtyard garden has a variety of mature shrub and flower beds and borders.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
There is also a store shed, which has power and light connected.
The property is available for sale with no upper chain.
Lucas House, Wratten Road East, Hitchin
Offers in excess of £800,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk