Property Spotlight: A unique period home in central St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nestled in a historic lane in the heart of St Albans is this charming Grade II listed period residence.
Dating back approximately 200 years, the original front rooms operated as a general store until the 1960s, and many original features - including the shopfront window - remain.
The accommodation is arranged over three floors with approximatley 1,850 sq ft of living space, a wonderfully private 80ft south-facing garden to the rear and off-street car parking to the front.
The ground floor boasts an impressive 22ft lounge with original exposed floorboards and attractive fireplace.
In the dining room a vaulted ceiling provides a light and airy feel, and this leads to a family room with bi-folding doors to a secluded, sun trap courtyard.
You may also want to watch:
French doors also connect the courtyard to a high-quality Nolte kitchen/breakfast room, comprising a tasteful range of matt white and grey frosted glass fronted units, feature island and Siemens appliances.
There is a playroom/cinema room with original beams, a downstairs shower room and separate utility area.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
The basement provides a further reception room/guest bedroom with original beams, natural light and a large storage area.
On the first floor there are four well-proportioned double bedrooms and a stylish family bathroom suite.
To the rear is a private garden with an attractive tiled patio area leading to a lawn; at the bottom is a stylish cabin, ideal as a home office.
Sopwell Lane is only a few minutes’ walk to St Albans Abbey, Verulamium Park and the city centre, and 10 minutes’ walk to St Albans City station.
Sopwell Lane, St Albans
Guide price: £1,350,000
Paul Barker Estate Agents, 01727 223344, www.paul-barker.co.uk