Property Spotlight: A huge home with pool and guest cottage near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Great Offley House is an eight-bed Grade II listed home, located approximately 3.5 miles south west of Hitchin in the village of Great Offley.
Internally the house combines wonderful light and spacious reception rooms with comfortable bedroom accommodation on the first and second floors.
The property has 2.73 acres of land and the gardens and grounds are a principal feature of Great Offley House.
Outside is an extensive range of outbuildings, including the magnificent timber-framed ‘party barn’ which has a separate kitchen.
The Old Stables have also been converted to provide a further games room and storage.
You may also want to watch:
To the north is a charming, sunken walled garden with two productive fig trees and wonderful scented roses. Lying in a secluded area to the south of The Old Stables is the heated swimming pool.
Further south is a wooded area providing tranquillity just beyond the old tennis court. A mature orchard lies to the north of the house.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
The property also includes a very comfortable two-bedroom cottage providing useful secondary or letting accommodation.
Great Offley House, Kings Walden Road, Great Offley, Hitchin
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, email@example.com