Property Spotlight: A huge home with pool and guest cottage near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Great Offley House is an eight-bed Grade II listed home, located approximately 3.5 miles south west of Hitchin in the village of Great Offley.
Internally the house combines wonderful light and spacious reception rooms with comfortable bedroom accommodation on the first and second floors.
The property has 2.73 acres of land and the gardens and grounds are a principal feature of Great Offley House.
Outside is an extensive range of outbuildings, including the magnificent timber-framed ‘party barn’ which has a separate kitchen.
The Old Stables have also been converted to provide a further games room and storage.
You may also want to watch:
To the north is a charming, sunken walled garden with two productive fig trees and wonderful scented roses. Lying in a secluded area to the south of The Old Stables is the heated swimming pool.
Further south is a wooded area providing tranquillity just beyond the old tennis court. A mature orchard lies to the north of the house.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
The property also includes a very comfortable two-bedroom cottage providing useful secondary or letting accommodation.
Great Offley House, Kings Walden Road, Great Offley, Hitchin
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, firstname.lastname@example.org