Property Spotlight: A huge home with pool and guest cottage near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Great Offley House is an eight-bed Grade II listed home, located approximately 3.5 miles south west of Hitchin in the village of Great Offley.
Internally the house combines wonderful light and spacious reception rooms with comfortable bedroom accommodation on the first and second floors.
The property has 2.73 acres of land and the gardens and grounds are a principal feature of Great Offley House.
Outside is an extensive range of outbuildings, including the magnificent timber-framed ‘party barn’ which has a separate kitchen.
The Old Stables have also been converted to provide a further games room and storage.
To the north is a charming, sunken walled garden with two productive fig trees and wonderful scented roses. Lying in a secluded area to the south of The Old Stables is the heated swimming pool.
Further south is a wooded area providing tranquillity just beyond the old tennis court. A mature orchard lies to the north of the house.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The property also includes a very comfortable two-bedroom cottage providing useful secondary or letting accommodation.
Great Offley House, Kings Walden Road, Great Offley, Hitchin
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, firstname.lastname@example.org