Property Spotlight: A huge home with pool and guest cottage near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Great Offley House is an eight-bed Grade II listed home, located approximately 3.5 miles south west of Hitchin in the village of Great Offley.
Internally the house combines wonderful light and spacious reception rooms with comfortable bedroom accommodation on the first and second floors.
The property has 2.73 acres of land and the gardens and grounds are a principal feature of Great Offley House.
Outside is an extensive range of outbuildings, including the magnificent timber-framed ‘party barn’ which has a separate kitchen.
The Old Stables have also been converted to provide a further games room and storage.
You may also want to watch:
To the north is a charming, sunken walled garden with two productive fig trees and wonderful scented roses. Lying in a secluded area to the south of The Old Stables is the heated swimming pool.
Further south is a wooded area providing tranquillity just beyond the old tennis court. A mature orchard lies to the north of the house.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
The property also includes a very comfortable two-bedroom cottage providing useful secondary or letting accommodation.
Great Offley House, Kings Walden Road, Great Offley, Hitchin
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, email@example.com