Property Spotlight: A huge family home with golf simulator and gym in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Located in the old conservation area, Pook’s Hill is a six-bed detached house dating back to the mid-1800s.
In recent years the property has been substantially extended and modernised to a very high standard and offers elegant, flexible accommodation with well proportioned rooms arranged over three floors.
Features include a sitting room with a double sided fireplace, a large open plan kitchen/dining/family room with doors opening out onto the patio, and a master bedroom with dressing room area and en suite with shower and bath.
There is also a newly constructed lower floor which is completely open plan with a golf simulator, cinema and gym area.
The property is approached via double electric gates opening to a gravel driveway with ample parking and access to the double garage.
You may also want to watch:
It sits in a plot of 0.4 of an acre, affording a good level of privacy.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 8 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
Pook’s Hill, King Harry Lane, St Albans
Guide price: £4 million
Hamptons, 01727 400031, www.hamptons.co.uk