Property Spotlight: A huge family home with golf simulator and gym in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Located in the old conservation area, Pook’s Hill is a six-bed detached house dating back to the mid-1800s.
In recent years the property has been substantially extended and modernised to a very high standard and offers elegant, flexible accommodation with well proportioned rooms arranged over three floors.
Features include a sitting room with a double sided fireplace, a large open plan kitchen/dining/family room with doors opening out onto the patio, and a master bedroom with dressing room area and en suite with shower and bath.
There is also a newly constructed lower floor which is completely open plan with a golf simulator, cinema and gym area.
The property is approached via double electric gates opening to a gravel driveway with ample parking and access to the double garage.
It sits in a plot of 0.4 of an acre, affording a good level of privacy.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Pook’s Hill, King Harry Lane, St Albans
Guide price: £4 million
Hamptons, 01727 400031, www.hamptons.co.uk