Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed period property in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful detached Grade II listed house dates from the late 16th or early 17th century with later additions.
It was originally the miller’s house for Corey’s Mill, a windmill which used to stand close by, and is one of the oldest buildings in Stevenage.
It boasts many attractive period features including fine exposed timbers and truly impressive brick chimneys.
The large inglenook in the sitting room is particularly noteworthy and the fireplace in the dining room is also very handsome.
There are three good bedrooms and the house benefits from gas fired central heating.
The property offers considerable scope for updating and improvement, within the constraints of the listing.
The house nestles very pleasantly in its plot, which measures some 120’ by 90’.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
The gardens which surround the house enjoy considerable privacy and are laid to lawn with a paved and walled patio, further paved patios, an arbour, herbaceous beds and borders and ornamental shrubs, conifers and trees, including a fine magnolia.
Gates open to the tarmac driveway which provides off-street parking and leads to the detached garage.
The house is very conveniently located on the north-west side of the town, just around the corner from the Lister Hospital and only a third of a mile from Junction 8 on the A1(M).
The High Street of the Old Town is within a mile and the mainline railway station and new town centre are less than two miles away.
Corey’s Cottage, Tates Way, Stevenage
Guide price £500,000
Charter Whyman, 01462 685808, www.charterwhyman.co.uk