Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed period property in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful detached Grade II listed house dates from the late 16th or early 17th century with later additions.
It was originally the miller’s house for Corey’s Mill, a windmill which used to stand close by, and is one of the oldest buildings in Stevenage.
It boasts many attractive period features including fine exposed timbers and truly impressive brick chimneys.
The large inglenook in the sitting room is particularly noteworthy and the fireplace in the dining room is also very handsome.
There are three good bedrooms and the house benefits from gas fired central heating.
You may also want to watch:
The property offers considerable scope for updating and improvement, within the constraints of the listing.
The house nestles very pleasantly in its plot, which measures some 120’ by 90’.
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
The gardens which surround the house enjoy considerable privacy and are laid to lawn with a paved and walled patio, further paved patios, an arbour, herbaceous beds and borders and ornamental shrubs, conifers and trees, including a fine magnolia.
Gates open to the tarmac driveway which provides off-street parking and leads to the detached garage.
The house is very conveniently located on the north-west side of the town, just around the corner from the Lister Hospital and only a third of a mile from Junction 8 on the A1(M).
The High Street of the Old Town is within a mile and the mainline railway station and new town centre are less than two miles away.
Corey’s Cottage, Tates Way, Stevenage
Guide price £500,000
Charter Whyman, 01462 685808, www.charterwhyman.co.uk