Property Spotlight: A Harpenden family home packed with period features
- Credit: Archant
This six bedroom semi-detached family home is situated on Wordsworth Road, one of Harpenden’s most sought-after streets.
The sympathetically restored period residence offers almost 2,300sq ft of flexible light-filled accommodation arranged over three floors, with character features including high ceilings, ornate cornicing, sash windows and open fireplaces throughout.
Ground floor accommodation flows from a welcoming reception hall with parquet flooring and briefly comprises a spacious sitting room with feature bay window and cast iron fireplace, a large family room with feature cast iron fireplace and French doors to the rear terrace and an extensive dual aspect kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen provides a range of contemporary units with modern integrated appliances, granite worktops and a Belfast sink, while the dining area offers space for a sizeable table, and French doors to the rear.
The property is separated from the road by a landscaped front garden with off-road parking for multiple vehicles.
To the rear, the garden is laid mainly to lawn with a timber summer house and a paved terrace, ideal for entertaining and al fresco dining screened by mature shrubs and trees.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Wordsworth Road, Harpenden
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, www.struttandparker.com