Property Spotlight: A Harpenden family home packed with period features
- Credit: Archant
This six bedroom semi-detached family home is situated on Wordsworth Road, one of Harpenden’s most sought-after streets.
The sympathetically restored period residence offers almost 2,300sq ft of flexible light-filled accommodation arranged over three floors, with character features including high ceilings, ornate cornicing, sash windows and open fireplaces throughout.
Ground floor accommodation flows from a welcoming reception hall with parquet flooring and briefly comprises a spacious sitting room with feature bay window and cast iron fireplace, a large family room with feature cast iron fireplace and French doors to the rear terrace and an extensive dual aspect kitchen/dining room.
The kitchen provides a range of contemporary units with modern integrated appliances, granite worktops and a Belfast sink, while the dining area offers space for a sizeable table, and French doors to the rear.
The property is separated from the road by a landscaped front garden with off-road parking for multiple vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
To the rear, the garden is laid mainly to lawn with a timber summer house and a paved terrace, ideal for entertaining and al fresco dining screened by mature shrubs and trees.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 9 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Wordsworth Road, Harpenden
Strutt & Parker, 01582 764343, www.struttandparker.com