Property Spotlight: A fine family home between St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
This idyllic five bedroom detached home is located in the heart of the picturesque hamlet of Childwick Green, surrounded by the Childwickbury Estate.
The late Victorian property was originally two workers' cottages which were converted to its current format around 40 years ago.
A generous reception hall greets you as you enter the house, which opens into the principal living room. This excellent space enjoys a bright dual aspect with fantastic views to the front and rear gardens with a conservatory extension leading off to the rear.
On the other side of the property sits a generous kitchen/breakfast room which also enjoys front and rear aspects. The downstairs living space is completed by the formal dining room, utility and cloakroom.
Upstairs there are five double bedrooms with an en suite to the master plus a generous family bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Externally the plot extends to around a third of an acre. The private front garden has wide areas of lawns with attractive planting and a path to the front door. To the rear, the garden extends over 80ft to where it meets paddock land for Chidwickbury Stud and uninterrupted country views.
Residents' parking can be found to one side of the green and there are also two garages en bloc 150 metres from the property.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Approached via impressive wrought iron gates off Harpenden Road, the hamlet of Childwick Green is a truly idyllic slice of English country life. It is part of the wider Childwickbury Estate, which includes Childwickbury Manor - owned by film director Stanley Kubrick's family.
Childwick Green, Childwickbury
Guide price: £1,600,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk