Property Spotlight: A fine family home between St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
This idyllic five bedroom detached home is located in the heart of the picturesque hamlet of Childwick Green, surrounded by the Childwickbury Estate.
The late Victorian property was originally two workers' cottages which were converted to its current format around 40 years ago.
A generous reception hall greets you as you enter the house, which opens into the principal living room. This excellent space enjoys a bright dual aspect with fantastic views to the front and rear gardens with a conservatory extension leading off to the rear.
On the other side of the property sits a generous kitchen/breakfast room which also enjoys front and rear aspects. The downstairs living space is completed by the formal dining room, utility and cloakroom.
Upstairs there are five double bedrooms with an en suite to the master plus a generous family bathroom.
Externally the plot extends to around a third of an acre. The private front garden has wide areas of lawns with attractive planting and a path to the front door. To the rear, the garden extends over 80ft to where it meets paddock land for Chidwickbury Stud and uninterrupted country views.
Residents' parking can be found to one side of the green and there are also two garages en bloc 150 metres from the property.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Approached via impressive wrought iron gates off Harpenden Road, the hamlet of Childwick Green is a truly idyllic slice of English country life. It is part of the wider Childwickbury Estate, which includes Childwickbury Manor - owned by film director Stanley Kubrick's family.
Childwick Green, Childwickbury
Guide price: £1,600,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk