Property Spotlight: A family home on one of St Albans’ most sought-after streets
- Credit: Archant
This unique five bedroom family home occupies an enviable position in a prized location moments from the vibrant city centre.
Built in the 1930s, this fine residence was enlarged and modified between 1990 and 2005 with additional living spaces built above and beside the garage and in the loft, as well as a new conservatory.
With its rear garden backing onto the River Ver, the house boasts well proportioned and versatile accommodation and could be used as a six bedroom property.
On the ground floor is a large and bright entrance hall, two separate reception rooms, a good sized conservatory, kitchen/dining room, utility room and pantry, and a cloakroom.
On the first floor are five bedrooms, one of which has an en suite, and the family bathroom. A study/bedroom six can be found on the second floor. There is also a useful cellar which can be accessed via the rear garden.
You may also want to watch:
Located on a private no through road, the property sits on a generous sized plot and has an elevated position to the rear which gives a wonderful vista over the beautiful, mature rear garden and beyond.
A patio area allows for relaxing views and a great place to entertain guests in the warmer months. The front garden is bordered with mature shrubs and plants, with a gravelled driveway providing off road parking for several cars, and gated access to the rear.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Pondwicks is ideally situated for the stunning open spaces of Verulamium Park and lakes, close to the Abbey Flyer train station as well as the well regarded pubs, restaurants and shops of the city centre.
Pondwicks Close, St Albans
Guide price £1,950,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 832 383, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk