Property Spotlight: A converted substation in the heart of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Old Substation is a one-of-a-kind detached property in a prime central St Albans location.
With a beautiful view of the cathedral from the front door and St Albans’ extensive shopping and leisure facilities just a short stroll away, city living does not get any better than this.
Deceptively spacious accommodation is arranged on two levels, comprising of an entrance hall, open plan living/kitchen/dining room, family sized bathroom, a ground floor double bedroom and a second double bedroom on the first floor.
Living areas have been laid with engineered oak flooring, tiles or carpet and are all warmed by underfloor heating.
The bathroom has been fitted with a luxury four piece white suite, including a separate shower cubicle, while the kitchen area has been fitted with a range of modern high gloss units complemented by feature work top surfaces and integrated appliances.
You may also want to watch:
Outside, a wooden remote control gate leads to a patio area and off road parking for one car.
The property is nestled in a tranquil conservation area surrounded by history and within a short walk of the mainline railway station.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 7 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 8 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
The Old Substation, Pageant Road, St Albans
Guide price £500,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 228428, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk