Property Spotlight: A converted substation in the heart of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Old Substation is a one-of-a-kind detached property in a prime central St Albans location.
With a beautiful view of the cathedral from the front door and St Albans’ extensive shopping and leisure facilities just a short stroll away, city living does not get any better than this.
Deceptively spacious accommodation is arranged on two levels, comprising of an entrance hall, open plan living/kitchen/dining room, family sized bathroom, a ground floor double bedroom and a second double bedroom on the first floor.
Living areas have been laid with engineered oak flooring, tiles or carpet and are all warmed by underfloor heating.
The bathroom has been fitted with a luxury four piece white suite, including a separate shower cubicle, while the kitchen area has been fitted with a range of modern high gloss units complemented by feature work top surfaces and integrated appliances.
You may also want to watch:
Outside, a wooden remote control gate leads to a patio area and off road parking for one car.
The property is nestled in a tranquil conservation area surrounded by history and within a short walk of the mainline railway station.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
The Old Substation, Pageant Road, St Albans
Guide price £500,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 228428, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk