Property Spotlight: A converted substation in the heart of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Old Substation is a one-of-a-kind detached property in a prime central St Albans location.
With a beautiful view of the cathedral from the front door and St Albans’ extensive shopping and leisure facilities just a short stroll away, city living does not get any better than this.
Deceptively spacious accommodation is arranged on two levels, comprising of an entrance hall, open plan living/kitchen/dining room, family sized bathroom, a ground floor double bedroom and a second double bedroom on the first floor.
Living areas have been laid with engineered oak flooring, tiles or carpet and are all warmed by underfloor heating.
The bathroom has been fitted with a luxury four piece white suite, including a separate shower cubicle, while the kitchen area has been fitted with a range of modern high gloss units complemented by feature work top surfaces and integrated appliances.
You may also want to watch:
Outside, a wooden remote control gate leads to a patio area and off road parking for one car.
The property is nestled in a tranquil conservation area surrounded by history and within a short walk of the mainline railway station.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The Old Substation, Pageant Road, St Albans
Guide price £500,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 228428, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk