Property Spotlight: A converted substation in the heart of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The Old Substation is a one-of-a-kind detached property in a prime central St Albans location.
With a beautiful view of the cathedral from the front door and St Albans’ extensive shopping and leisure facilities just a short stroll away, city living does not get any better than this.
Deceptively spacious accommodation is arranged on two levels, comprising of an entrance hall, open plan living/kitchen/dining room, family sized bathroom, a ground floor double bedroom and a second double bedroom on the first floor.
Living areas have been laid with engineered oak flooring, tiles or carpet and are all warmed by underfloor heating.
The bathroom has been fitted with a luxury four piece white suite, including a separate shower cubicle, while the kitchen area has been fitted with a range of modern high gloss units complemented by feature work top surfaces and integrated appliances.
Outside, a wooden remote control gate leads to a patio area and off road parking for one car.
The property is nestled in a tranquil conservation area surrounded by history and within a short walk of the mainline railway station.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return
The Old Substation, Pageant Road, St Albans
Guide price £500,000
Cassidy & Tate, 01727 228428, www.cassidyandtate.co.uk