Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage between St Albans and Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a private gated entrance and a screen of mature trees is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage, which is set on a fantastic 0.75 acre plot and is divided into spectacular individual gardens with a paddock opposite the main house.
The property is brimming with character and there are many original features including exposed beams, beautiful ironwork and a charming inglenook fireplace with a small loveseat either side.
The main house comprises an entrance porch and hallway entered via a wooden stable door, living room with inglenook fireplace, country style kitchen, which could easily be opened to the dining room, utility room, orangery, study/ground floor bedroom, family bathroom and three/four first floor bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room. There are also two detached annexes both providing separate living space that would be ideal for teenagers, elderly relatives or on-site staff.
Furthermore, there are several outbuildings, which are currently being used for a home-based business and could be used for a multitude of things.
The Old Forge is located on the fringes of St Albans and effortlessly combines a peaceful private setting with the convenience of being close to the amenities of St Albans and Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Forge, Wilkins Green, Smallford
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
Frost’s, 01727 852295, www.frosts.co.uk