Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage between St Albans and Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a private gated entrance and a screen of mature trees is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage, which is set on a fantastic 0.75 acre plot and is divided into spectacular individual gardens with a paddock opposite the main house.
The property is brimming with character and there are many original features including exposed beams, beautiful ironwork and a charming inglenook fireplace with a small loveseat either side.
The main house comprises an entrance porch and hallway entered via a wooden stable door, living room with inglenook fireplace, country style kitchen, which could easily be opened to the dining room, utility room, orangery, study/ground floor bedroom, family bathroom and three/four first floor bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room. There are also two detached annexes both providing separate living space that would be ideal for teenagers, elderly relatives or on-site staff.
Furthermore, there are several outbuildings, which are currently being used for a home-based business and could be used for a multitude of things.
The Old Forge is located on the fringes of St Albans and effortlessly combines a peaceful private setting with the convenience of being close to the amenities of St Albans and Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Forge, Wilkins Green, Smallford
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
Frost’s, 01727 852295, www.frosts.co.uk