SIR – A month ago I received through my letter-box a free newspaper entitled Hertfordshire News. It is labelled spring 2009 and closer inspection revealed it to be the local Lib Dem propaganda sheet. If they believe in themselves – as I assume they do –
SIR - A month ago I received through my letter-box a free "newspaper" entitled Hertfordshire News. It is labelled spring 2009 and closer inspection revealed it to be the local Lib Dem propaganda sheet.
If they believe in themselves - as I assume they do - why does not the masthead include an orange banner proclaiming who they are? Are they shrinking violets?
A certain gentleman - whose name escapes me - is repeatedly referred to as "Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate". Until an election is called he can only be a prospective candidate. Perhaps this is what they mean by referring to him elsewhere as PPC.
The small print states "Published and promoted on behalf of the Liberal Democrats all at 9 Hatfield Road, AL1 3RR".
You may also want to watch:
I knew they were few in number, but not so few they could all fit in one building!
In contrast, a half page advertisement in your paper this week for UKIP promotes their prospective parliamentary candidate, John Stocker. It gives a St Albans address, but clearly all of UKIP do not reside there.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
I know where my vote will be cast.
Cumberland Drive, Redbourn