SIR – A month ago I received through my letter-box a free newspaper entitled Hertfordshire News. It is labelled spring 2009 and closer inspection revealed it to be the local Lib Dem propaganda sheet. If they believe in themselves – as I assume they do –
SIR - A month ago I received through my letter-box a free "newspaper" entitled Hertfordshire News. It is labelled spring 2009 and closer inspection revealed it to be the local Lib Dem propaganda sheet.
If they believe in themselves - as I assume they do - why does not the masthead include an orange banner proclaiming who they are? Are they shrinking violets?
A certain gentleman - whose name escapes me - is repeatedly referred to as "Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate". Until an election is called he can only be a prospective candidate. Perhaps this is what they mean by referring to him elsewhere as PPC.
The small print states "Published and promoted on behalf of the Liberal Democrats all at 9 Hatfield Road, AL1 3RR".
I knew they were few in number, but not so few they could all fit in one building!
In contrast, a half page advertisement in your paper this week for UKIP promotes their prospective parliamentary candidate, John Stocker. It gives a St Albans address, but clearly all of UKIP do not reside there.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
I know where my vote will be cast.
Cumberland Drive, Redbourn