Pride in Britain
SIR – Can anyone remember the slogan I m backing Britain? . I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, Tragedy of father s hospital visit ). There was a time when people were proud of their
SIR - Can anyone remember the slogan "I'm backing Britain?". I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, 'Tragedy of father's hospital visit').
There was a time when people were proud of their work, when we had steel and shipyards and car plants, but now the country is sinking.
I have spent time as a heart patient at Harefield Hospital where doctors saved my life and where I saw both good medical care and workers arguing with each other, and then in the QEII Hospital where I was on the medical assessment unit and had to make a formal complaint and sadly many points which are recognised as lack of care were present there, especially to old people.
I wonder what people have got to do? Surely it is up to us as individuals to have a conscience?
You may also want to watch:
Why are so many people in high positions ruthless, cold, and often crooks?
Come on England, take a lead, chuck out the crooks and let's make England proud again!
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
Ox Lane, Harpenden