Pride in Britain
SIR – Can anyone remember the slogan I m backing Britain? . I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, Tragedy of father s hospital visit ). There was a time when people were proud of their
SIR - Can anyone remember the slogan "I'm backing Britain?". I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, 'Tragedy of father's hospital visit').
There was a time when people were proud of their work, when we had steel and shipyards and car plants, but now the country is sinking.
I have spent time as a heart patient at Harefield Hospital where doctors saved my life and where I saw both good medical care and workers arguing with each other, and then in the QEII Hospital where I was on the medical assessment unit and had to make a formal complaint and sadly many points which are recognised as lack of care were present there, especially to old people.
I wonder what people have got to do? Surely it is up to us as individuals to have a conscience?
You may also want to watch:
Why are so many people in high positions ruthless, cold, and often crooks?
Come on England, take a lead, chuck out the crooks and let's make England proud again!
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind
Ox Lane, Harpenden