Pride in Britain
SIR – Can anyone remember the slogan I m backing Britain? . I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, Tragedy of father s hospital visit ). There was a time when people were proud of their
SIR - Can anyone remember the slogan "I'm backing Britain?". I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, 'Tragedy of father's hospital visit').
There was a time when people were proud of their work, when we had steel and shipyards and car plants, but now the country is sinking.
I have spent time as a heart patient at Harefield Hospital where doctors saved my life and where I saw both good medical care and workers arguing with each other, and then in the QEII Hospital where I was on the medical assessment unit and had to make a formal complaint and sadly many points which are recognised as lack of care were present there, especially to old people.
I wonder what people have got to do? Surely it is up to us as individuals to have a conscience?
You may also want to watch:
Why are so many people in high positions ruthless, cold, and often crooks?
Come on England, take a lead, chuck out the crooks and let's make England proud again!
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 10 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
Ox Lane, Harpenden