Pride in Britain
SIR – Can anyone remember the slogan I m backing Britain? . I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, Tragedy of father s hospital visit ). There was a time when people were proud of their
SIR - Can anyone remember the slogan "I'm backing Britain?". I rarely write to a paper but it looks like our country has lost the plot (Herts Advertiser, September 24, 'Tragedy of father's hospital visit').
There was a time when people were proud of their work, when we had steel and shipyards and car plants, but now the country is sinking.
I have spent time as a heart patient at Harefield Hospital where doctors saved my life and where I saw both good medical care and workers arguing with each other, and then in the QEII Hospital where I was on the medical assessment unit and had to make a formal complaint and sadly many points which are recognised as lack of care were present there, especially to old people.
I wonder what people have got to do? Surely it is up to us as individuals to have a conscience?
You may also want to watch:
Why are so many people in high positions ruthless, cold, and often crooks?
Come on England, take a lead, chuck out the crooks and let's make England proud again!
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
Ox Lane, Harpenden